Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2016 8:55:01 PM EDT
Was wondering if anyone here has one? I have been looking at getting one to SBR but haven't decided yet. Also been looking at a Kriss vector 45. Any issues with the Thompson? Barrels hard to change? Any info would be great!
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have been thinking of doing the same thing, I am leaning toward buying the pistol version then adding a stock once the stamp comes back.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I bought the factory SBR on form 4, easiest way to go, not sure the barrel swap is so hard if you have the right tools, depending on how much they torqued the barrel down.
As far as adding a stock to the pistol, it may be just a matter of drill/tap but haven't compared side by side. My factory SBR has the detachable stock so that's another plus if
you go with that model SBR, worth the extra money.
Link Posted: 9/13/2016 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Thompsons are heavy, the length of pull is insanely long and the sights are pretty poor, they are iconic and a blast to shoot though.

The positives outweigh the negatives on the subgun, but the semi auto version leaves something to be desired.

My $.02.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 4:50:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I recently SBR'd a Thompson myself. I was able to do the barrel swap myself. I did replace the buttstock with a GI one. They're pretty cheap on ebay. The short barrel I got from IMA. It's an absolute blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thompsons are heavy, the length of pull is insanely long and the sights are pretty poor, they are iconic and a blast to shoot though.

The positives outweigh the negatives on the subgun, but the semi auto version leaves something to be desired.

My $.02.
View Quote

pretty much my realization every time the urge surfaces...  but then again I do own a MAC10.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top