Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2016 5:24:25 PM EDT
Once my F1 is approved (hopefully) I'll be building my first SBR (MK18) and eventually will run it suppressed.  I've been told to run it with a heavy buffer and spring.  Can you guys please give me some recommendations for both?  I've always used a regular mil-spec buffer tube.  No sure what to buy.    

Thanks!
Brian
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got my stamp for my DDMK18.  I'm currently running the factory spring and H buffer.  Some people would advise upgrading to the VLTOR A5 stock system with a 6+oz buffer.  I think I'm going to go with a Wolff XP buffer spring and either a H2 or H3 buffer.  I plan on running mine suppressed 90+% of the time and hope this configuration helps reduce wear and tear.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:08:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I run an H3 with Wolf XP spring in mine and also run a Gemtech BCG.  Runs smooth as hell and like a top! :)

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 3:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
HeavyBuffers.com XH buffer with Wolf XP spring.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you guys running the H3 and the XH buffers with or without adjustable gas blocks? Do you need one if you have the other?
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:41:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Without adj gas block.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I run just a H buffer suppressed and unsuppressed. No problems ever.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]
My SBR has an 11.5" barrel, but I run it with a Spinco Blue and an H3.  I also just have the A2 FSB.  It runs as it should.

Now, when I put my can on my AR-10, that thing is overgassed!  I may or may not get a heavier spring for it, but that's a different topic for a different thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top