Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2016 7:58:46 AM EDT
I was looking for something that would be compact and stable, however I'm not looking to spend $400+ on it. I was thinking about maybe the troy tomahawk stock or something along those lines. But on the opposite end, I also considered the Magpul UBR or the ergo version. If you gottem post them !! Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:16:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a big fan of the UBR, and have several. The most stable and durable collapsible stock you can get, for the money. It is a little on the heavy side, but totally worth it IMO.

It defeated all other stocks in a drop test. If my memory serves me, most failed in the 3-5' range, some made it to 10', they had to take the UBR up to 30' to get a failure.

I really like the length presets. It allows to to set your preferred length, and instantly open it to that length every time without having to look for an index number, or fiddle with getting it locked in.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 10:24:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Never used a UBR but would like to try one. For lightweight and compact a good ole car stock is one of my faves, along with the CTR.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#3]
LWRC makes a compact stock and is reasonably priced.

LWRC compact stock
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 2:25:26 AM EDT
[#4]
I like the SL-K stock for the price...and look
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:13:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to gave a CTR on my 5.56 SBR, but reciently sapped it out for an STR. Best move I've made in awhile. It's like a CTR with way better cheek weld abilities. My 9mm SBR has a Vltor basic clubfoot stock. One of these days I'd like to try an EMOD on it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 3:56:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I vote for a LMT SOPMOD.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:52:01 AM EDT
[#7]
UBR too heavy just like the original M93

LWRC would be one Id get.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:03:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UBR too heavy just like the original M93

LWRC would be one Id get.
View Quote

The UBR is a tank, but on an SBR, it has the potential to throw the rifle's balance off. Of course, a suppressor would remedy this nicely, but your overall weight will still suffer.
The Ergo F93 is a nice solid stock. It just lacks storage features and comfy cheek wield. I wouldnt hesitate to run another if I had the purpose for it.

I'd go with a Sopmod or CTR myself.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like the B5 SOPMOD Bravo. A more compact SOPMOD that is perfect of SBRs.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 12:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
BCM has done well for me
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

LWRC compact stock
View Quote

I was debating between the B5 Bravo and the LWRC Compact for a couple of 10.5's and decided on the LWRC for the moment. I also have an LWRC Ultra Compact on an 8" BLK PDW and love that stock for that gun.

OP asked for pics:

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LWRC compact stock
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:27:28 PM EDT
[#13]
" />

Ubr for the win
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]
B5 Bravo or BCM Gunfighter
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 8:46:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I like my MFT Battlelink. Light, no frills, not expensive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#16]
I recently installed a Magpul ACS on my current favorite SBR and I love it. Another Magpul stock to look at if you like the lockup of the CTR but want a better cheek weld is the STR. On another SBR I have the MFT Minimalist and its super lightweight and solid. The MFT is also at a very nice price point. Its almost cheap enough to buy and try and if nothing else just use as a placeholder until you find something you like more.
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:25:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Another vote for the LWRC Compact.

Link Posted: 8/26/2016 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#18]
LWRC Ultra Compact.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2016 11:47:15 PM EDT
[#19]
have any of you tried the tomahawk stock? it looks like good kit, with it having the price point that it has.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 12:38:50 AM EDT
[#20]
A1 fixed rifle stock. Seriously, feels great.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 2:54:04 AM EDT
[#21]
I have and like the LWRC as well as a SOPMOD but while it may not be as comfortable the M231 stock is just cool!
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 5:08:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I was debating between the B5 Bravo and the LWRC Compact for a couple of 10.5's and decided on the LWRC for the moment. I also have an LWRC Ultra Compact on an 8" BLK PDW and love that stock for that gun.

OP asked for pics:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2mxewwz.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LWRC compact stock

OP asked for pics:

Nice sticks.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Nice sticks.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LWRC compact stock

OP asked for pics:

Nice sticks.  

Thanks! Top one is a BLK with a TA33 w/BLK reticle. Bottom is a 5.56 with a Deltapoint Pro. Both are all Noveske except for a few of the little internals, triggers and CH's. I might change the black furniture out for FDE on the top one at some point, that's when I might try a B5 Bravo for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2016 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#24]
I like the old school CAR stocks. Short and light.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I find light stocks usually throw the balance off unless its just a lightweight build.   Throw in rails, accessories and especially a can, I like a SOPMOD stock, really helps the balance feel right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Can't tell you how good it works because I' still waiting on the stamp, however from handeling it without an upper the weight seems pretty good, saves about two inches in length when full collapsed compared to a regular stock and the cheek weld is awesome. It's like a baby SOPMOD.

Link Posted: 8/31/2016 1:50:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Vltor imod, but i have batteries and stuff I need to stick in there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2016 10:34:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I find light stocks usually throw the balance off unless its just a lightweight build.   Throw in rails, accessories and especially a can, I like a SOPMOD stock, really helps the balance feel right.
View Quote

Have you tried the SOPMOD Bravo? It's really nice for SOPMOD guys who want the same feel but slightly more compact.
Link Posted: 9/2/2016 1:56:18 AM EDT
[#29]

my Colt 6933 with a RRA Entry Buttstock.
Link Posted: 9/4/2016 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#30]
You can take the short receiver extension from an LWRCI ultra compact stock kit, elongate the slot underneath and sink an additional blind hole (for an extra, more forward location to collapse the stock to) and then cut the front off of an MFT Minimalist stock to make it so short that the short receiver extension bottoms out inside the stock, and end up here.....Which is a really long sentence to describe how I ended up with a really short stock.

Link Posted: 9/7/2016 5:19:28 PM EDT
[#31]
+1 for the UBR. I had a Troy M7A1 and it was too light in the rear. The UBR helps balance it out but it is still a bit front end heavy with the SF and ST Barking Spider. The M7A1 will be going on a 7.5 BLK build I am working on.

Now:

Before:

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 12:06:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I run the LWRC compact on a few rifles. Perfect amount of cheekweld, compactness, and weight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top