Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/13/2016 12:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
At the time, Sig Braces were Around $149.00 Vs $200 for the stamp. Seemed a like a no brainer
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my first suppressor back in 2009 and that kind of paved the way for my NFA addiction. Throwing it on my 16" barrel made the rifle way too long so I did a Form 1 and went the 10.5" barrel route. I plan on doing another SBR lower here this winter, possibly even two at once.
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#3]
300 BlackOut only needed a 9" barrel so why not.
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I was 19 years old and saw a thread on this forum with another member challenging the BATFE on making a SBR on a Form 1 at 18 years old as a loophole to the 21 year old requirement for a SBR transferred on a Form 4.

I submitted my F1 with a copy of his approval letter and received my stamp about 6 months later.  

Now 16" AR's feel stupid compared to my 10.5" SBR with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#5]
My LGS made me a killer dear on a YHM suppressor, so I bought a PSA Glock 9mm lower. They only had pistol uppers in stock so it seemed like the right thing to do.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:30:31 AM EDT
[#6]
The retro forum . Waiting on my first SBR stamp now, decided to do a Colt 610 clone with a 10.03" 1/12 barrel. Im using as many vintage parts as I could get my hands on. Should get the stamp back any day then I can drive over to my cousins house to get my upper and then shoot at his private range
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
It was to fulfill a lifelong childhood dream of having a Romanian AIMR Carbine.

I must've seen one in a movie or something around 7 years old, and wanted one ever since.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 5:37:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Saw some Mk18s while deployed.

Felt like that song hypnotized from Biggie Smalls.

Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:55:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It starts with suppressors, .22LR cans being the NFA gateway drug, then on to SBRs and eventually MGs.
You will always want "one more thing" and always be broke.
View Quote

This, definitely this.

I started with a .22 suppressor.  I always knew I wanted to build an SBR but sat on my stripped lower for a few years.  Finally last year my budget allowed me to build it.

Now I have 2 SBRs and 2 suppressors.  I might do a .300 SBR next.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 5:56:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Barack Obama made me do it, got caught up and thought they would be no more, hard to get, more expensive, seriously though i registered my first sbr and bought my first can when he went in.

He was the greatest gun salesman of our time
Link Posted: 1/11/2017 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't like long-nosed abominations of iconic firearms.

I have gone down the SBR route 5 times: MP5, Uzi, P90TR, M4, and the newest being a Sten Mk II.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Wanted a can.  Got a can.  Put it on my 16 inch AR.  Weight/balance thing didn't feel right.  Form 1'ed a AR I had.  Bought more cans, more SBR's needed.  

Its a vicious circle.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 12:04:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wanted a can.  Got a can.  Put it on my 16 inch AR.  Weight/balance thing didn't feel right.  Form 1'ed a AR I had.  Bought more cans, more SBR's needed.  

Its a vicious circle.
View Quote

Yes, starts with a suppressor. Yes, a viscous circle.

Buy a new suppressor that has some feature you find attractive.... build another SBR, or at least a short upper....

Build or buy a short upper or complete carbine with some feature you find attractive ... needs a suppressor....

But it all starts with wanting a suppressor and then finding that light, handy 16" carbine a long, unbalanced, unwieldy beast with a suppressor mounted.

JPK
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 6:19:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Because > 16" is for muskets.  As soon as I moved to my first free state, I had half a dozen form 1's and 4's sitting on Sara Jones' desk.  My longest long gun currently is a 16" barreled Rem 700, everything else is between 10.5-14.5".
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:34:51 PM EDT
[#15]
What made me go down the SBR rabbit hole (again and again and again..)?

Internet gun boards (namely this one )
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top