Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2016 10:30:24 AM EDT
I know that barrel is 9" however, in reality it sticks out roughly 7.5" total past the end of the upper.

I would like to stick with a 7" handguard. So far my choices are:

Centurion arms C4 7"

Geissele 7" MK8

7.1 SR-Rail-M-LOK by 2A Armament

Anything else?

What should I get?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you shoot suppressed?
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 12:46:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:00:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Look at SLR rifleworks. I have one on my Spikes dedicated 22 upper. It replaced the old school YHM micro rail.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:08:55 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't mind, I'm curious why you chose 9" for the barrel length isn't that hard to suppress with common ammo?

My SR-22 is similar to your upper and i'm debating chopping it but like you said if I go 4.5" it will be 6" and keeping it a true 4.5" would only be sticking out about 3"

And I second SLR, they look nice and offer many lengths and options.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm.. I had SLR hanguard before and was not really impressed with them. Besides they use gas tube for anti rotation.. 22LR does not have a gas tube.

For a price that you would pay for the SLR you might as well buy Geissele. Am I thinking wrong here?

As far as 9" vs other sizes. I got a decent deal on that upper so I went with 9. I am not after quietest setup, just an SBR upper that I can put my Liberty Mystic can on.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 5:09:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I chose #3 because I like the smooth round grip whil having the option to add mounts and accessories. The middle choice is good but the quad rail isn't always comfortable for me. Personal opinion and all.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 7:36:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a Midwest Industries Gen 2 SS 7" on my 4.5" CMMG. Here is picture of it with a 6" Specter 2 suppressor under the rail.  Your barrel would be similar to my combo or a little shorter I think.
Link Posted: 8/15/2016 8:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
ALG does a 8" Keymod or a 10" M LOK.  Midwest has their Gen 2 SS series.  Either would look good and not have the sharp edges the rails you posted have.

MAHA
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:55:46 AM EDT
[#9]
With it being a .22 build I would probably go with something cheaper like a MI G3 M-LOK

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=2469

Out of your choices #2
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

With it being a .22 build I would probably go with something cheaper like a MI G3 M-LOK

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=2469

Out of your choices #2
View Quote
Hmm.. I might just give MI G3 M-LOK rail a try. Save some $$ for my next build..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top