Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2016 8:29:32 PM EDT
Anyone have a lower engraved by Capitol Armory? I'll be out their way end of this month and have a few lowers I need engraved, on their site it says they do it while you wait. Also want to fondle my cans while I'm there. I would just like to know what kind of work they do, I always hear Tar Heel State firearms but I'd rather not send my stuff off if I can get as good of quality close to home.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 9:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Care to post the price? That would be huge factor in the decision making process. 2nd is what their end result actually looks like
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:27:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a couple done when I picked up my last can from them.  They are good to go.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Care to post the price? That would be huge factor in the decision making process. 2nd is what their end result actually looks like
View Quote

$50
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#4]
looks great;  also nice and small.  they do it on scrap metal so you can check it first!
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Another +1.

Really quick, too.  I went out in my car and ate my lunch while Jorge did mine.  Less than 10 minutes.  He did a great job.
Link Posted: 7/13/2016 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds good thanks for the info guys, just wanted a bit of first hand experience. Really not looking forward to engraving one of my Colt m4a1 lowers but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 7/14/2016 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sounds good thanks for the info guys, just wanted a bit of first hand experience. Really not looking forward to engraving one of my Colt m4a1 lowers but it is what it is.
View Quote

There are plenty of not so obvious spots. The SBR engraving on my Nodak lower looks damn close to additional factory engravings on the magwell.
I would like to have a colt lower in my collection
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 11:56:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I engraved all of my Noveske lowers on the bottom of the trigger guard.  You would not even notice it until I show you.  If you are near Rockwall, TX, Ident does a great job as well.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 8:55:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine looks great, no problems.  They were fast, too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#10]
They did a great job on mine in less than 10 minutes. I like them being local where you don't have to ship it off and $50 is not bad at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top