Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2016 10:12:01 AM EDT
Do i have time to order and submit for a PSA 9mm lower to build a SBR?

Edit: Order and submit for an SBR before 41p?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Order and submit for an SBR before 41p?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 12:48:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Sure...

Order your lower (I would do it over the phone to confirm your shipping deadline)

As long as PSA can get it in your dealers hands in the next 18 days.  Just fill your forms out and get it in the mail postmarked before July 13

I assume your going with a Trust since your concerned about 41F, so the submission process is pretty straight forward.

Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:08:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  Order and submit for an SBR before 41p?
View Quote

What is your particular worry about 41f?  Telling the po-po that you got a new NFA toy?  You're a paperist?  Uncle doesn't want to give you his fingerprints?
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Just as long as you can get the serial before the 12th you can rifle under the current rules. But there will be a lot of people trying to file then as well.

MAHA
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I definitely would
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:17:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What is your particular worry about 41f?  Telling the po-po that you got a new NFA toy?  You're a paperist?  Uncle doesn't want to give you his fingerprints?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Because the extra steps are bullshit and a pain in the ass. Add to that no one really knows how to accomplish them.
Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:58:23 AM EDT
[#8]
post here
Quoted:

Because the extra steps are bullshit and a pain in the ass. Add to that no one really knows how to accomplish them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 6/25/2016 1:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

If telling the cops what you have in your home is no big deal then why do they want it done?

I'm 44 and have never been finger printed, why would I want to be finger printed now, why would I want to ask my dad, sister and wife to be finger printed for something they have no interest in other then knowing they would need to deal with liquidating my NFA stuff if I passed?

I'm done with new NFA after July and thats why I have 5 more items pending.

I think the suppressor industry is going to be hurting after July.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:24:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm doing the same thing right now.    I bought a quarter circle 10 9mm colt lower that I need to file form 1 on before the deadline.
I'm waiting for them to ship to my FFL.  I'm just wondering if my FFL sent their license via snail mail or if he sent it electronically.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Bullshit

The no CLEO requirement for individual purchases will attract many more buyers, since the whole process can now be completed without ever leaving your home (other than to mail the forms)

Not to mention all the thousands of new suppressor owners due to the 41F panic will help spread the knowledge of NFA ownership.

If Silencer Shop succeeds with the Kiosk concept they have devised, it will add even more fuel to the NFA fire.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 4:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Nonsense.  The LEO notification is not something new; C&R license holders have had to do it forever, albeit not for every item purchased.  The whole trust thing has only been a big deal, AFAIK, for a few years; having it become less convenient isn't going to shut down the suppressor or SBR industry.  

If the concern is OMG, "they" are going to know I have NFA items, guess what?  "They" (the ones to worry about in the event of confiscation) already know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense.  The LEO notification is not something new; C&R license holders have had to do it forever, albeit not for every item purchased.  The whole trust thing has only been a big deal, AFAIK, for a few years; having it become less convenient isn't going to shut down the suppressor or SBR industry.  

If the concern is OMG, "they" are going to know I have NFA items, guess what?  "They" (the ones to worry about in the event of confiscation) already know.

Time will tell, that whole trust thing is what fueled suppressor sales to the level its at, you have tunnel vision.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:02:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Bullshit

The no CLEO requirement for individual purchases will attract many more buyers, since the whole process can now be completed without ever leaving your home (other than to mail the forms)

Not to mention all the thousands of new suppressor owners due to the 41F panic will help spread the knowledge of NFA ownership.

If Silencer Shop succeeds with the Kiosk concept they have devised, it will add even more fuel to the NFA fire.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

You people are fools, the Sign off was only done by people that had no other option and are hardcore gun owners that wanted NFA stuff, Trusts brought more casual gun owners into the NFA world and you are nuts if you think otherwise. Can makers are worried but trying not let on to fuel more people leaving
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I know that I am out as a buyer now with 41F as I just don't want to mess around with it due to the new rules.  The obtainable NFA items (ie non-MG's due to $$ for me) don't really interest me that much but when I could just use my trust and submit the form without having to do really anything then I would impulse buy suppressors and Form 1 SBR's.

I have enough SBR's and suppressors so the new rules just eliminated my impulse buying which is probably a good thing
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 6:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Time will tell, that whole trust thing is what fueled suppressor sales to the level its at, you have tunnel vision.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

While undoubtedly true, those people are now hooked on the drug we call NFA. I don't see a lot of people kicking that habit

Quoted:
You people are fools, the Sign off was only done by people that had no other option and are hardcore gun owners that wanted NFA stuff, Trusts brought more casual gun owners into the NFA world and you are nuts if you think otherwise. Can makers are worried but trying not let on to fuel more people leaving

My first stamp was CLEO sign off. At that point I still thought trusts were $500+
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

What planet are you living on... Your post is completely backwards

Trust used to be done only by people who had no other option because the CLEO would not sign off in thier jurisdiction...  Then over time the trust option became more popular as the public and more lawyers became educated in the NFA world.

Your "hard core" NFA guys have always gravitated towards the trust route so friends and family can have access to the items without them being present... Not the "sign off" method as you put it

When I got my first stamp back 10+ years ago, very few people even knew what the hell a trust even was

I personally could not give two shits about 41P

Link Posted: 6/27/2016 8:20:00 PM EDT
[#18]
You have time, but it is running out.  Get r done.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Trust used to be done only by people who had no other option because the CLEO would not sign off in thier jurisdiction...  Then over time the trust option became more popular as the public and more lawyers became educated in the NFA world.

Your "hard core" NFA guys have always gravitated towards the trust route so friends and family can have access to the items without them being present... Not the "sign off" method as you put it

When I got my first stamp back 10+ years ago, very few people even knew what the hell a trust even was

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, time will tell.

My county sheriff always signed and I still got a trust. I only did it because I didn't want to get printed and ask permission from my local LE, it is none of their business and I still feel that way.

I'm out, I mean what are my options? Hassle family members to get printed for something they aren't interested in or abandon my trust and still get hassled with prints and letting some cops know I have guns in my house. If notifying is no big deal then why are we getting forced to it?

I'm 44 years old, never printed why the heck would I want to be now.

Some of you had to get printed for whatever reasons, I guess some states make you for buying guns or ccw permits IDK, we don't have that nonsense here so for me and many others it is a 100% big deal pain in the ass.  Just cause your state treats you like a criminal doesn't mean I want to be treated like that.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 11:19:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My county sheriff always signed and I still got a trust. I only did it because I didn't want to get printed and ask permission from my local LE, it is none of their business and I still feel that way.

I'm out, I mean what are my options? Hassle family members to get printed for something they aren't interested in or abandon my trust and still get hassled with prints and letting some cops know I have guns in my house. If notifying is no big deal then why are we getting forced to it?

Some of you had to get printed for whatever reasons, I guess some states make you for buying guns or ccw permits IDK, we don't have that nonsense here so for me and many others it is a 100% big deal pain in the ass.  Just cause your state treats you like a criminal doesn't mean I want to be treated like that.
View Quote

You act like getting fingerprinted is so terrible... I guess I don't understand since 90% of my adult life has been spent working for the government, and I have been fingerprinted more times than I can count

If your family does not give a shit about NFA items then amend your trust to make them beneficiaries only and not a "responsible person", then you will be the only one having to submit prints with any further applications.

As far as the notification of LE goes, again not a big deal.  Most Sheriff's are 2nd amendment friendly and could care less.

No reason to act like LEO's are the boogie man

<--- LEO

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 7:53:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You act like getting fingerprinted is so terrible... I guess I don't understand since 90% of my adult life has been spent working for the government, and I have been fingerprinted more times than I can count

If your family does not give a shit about NFA items then amend your trust to make them beneficiaries only and not a "responsible person", then you will be the only one having to submit prints with any further applications.

As far as the notification of LE goes, again not a big deal.  Most Sheriff's are 2nd amendment friendly and could care less.

<--- LEO

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<--- LEO

My father was a cop for 32 years, you are way off base, You are taking it personal that I don't want cops to know what I have in my house.... I don't want any stranger to know what I have in my house.

But since you are a cop, I noticed you didn't have an explanation as to why they need LEO notification, just that it's not a big deal I bet you ask speeders "do you know why I pulled you over?" lol

My dad is pretty big on the rules and one he always mention is probable cause so again I ask if notification is no big deal then why are we being forced to do it?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 8:23:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

My father was a cop for 32 years, you are way off base, You are taking it personal that I don't want cops to know what I have in my house.... I don't want any stranger to know what I have in my house.

But since you are a cop, I noticed you didn't have an explanation as to why they need LEO notification, just that it's not a big deal I bet you ask speeders "do you know why I pulled you over?" lol

My dad is pretty big on the rules and one he always mention is probable cause so again I ask if notification is no big deal then why are we being forced to do it?
View Quote

Taking it personal? No, not even close... I really don't care what anyones opinion is on myself or law enforcement as a whole

Now that we got that out of the way, there is no logical reason why you should have to notify your CLEO.  Its simply more government bureaucracy and bullshit that some egghead pencil pusher came up with because it sounded good.

Kinda like how you have to get a permit to build something on your own property... It does not have to make sense, its just the way it is.

My point is the federal government already knows about your NFA items, so your local agency should be the least of your concern

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top