Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2016 10:43:23 PM EDT
...I know it's against the concept to register an 80, but is there a fan around for filing a form 1 for a scratch build (box selections etc)? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's really no difference, other than the original manufacturer box. If using eForms, you'll put FMI as Manufacturer Code (or Form 1 Registration as Manufacturer Name...same end result).

You'll have to create a serial number out of Roman letters and Arabic numerals (your basic A-Z & 0-9). Only requirement is it must have at least one numeral.

You'll have more engraving to do than with an existing lower.

Caliber must be specified...model does not. You can designate one, and if you do you have to engrave it...or you can put N/A.

The rules are fairly similar to the Form 1 suppressor process (except an F1 can doesn't have a barrel length).
View Quote

Ok that sums it up. I've done enough cans now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd just do it as a pistol and put a shockwave on it. They're very light weight.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'd just do it as a pistol and put a shockwave on it. They're very light weight.
View Quote

I'm a big fan of the LWRC ultra compact, or I would.
Link Posted: 5/25/2016 4:18:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Since the reviewers don't really know much about how people "make" lowers or see people form 1 an 80% or scratch-built very often, every time I've form 1'd a scratch built billet lower, they emailed me asking for clarification.  "Are you making this from scrap?" Was the actual question first time. They thought I had made a mistake on the form. So the last time I specified in the comments that "I am machining this lower myself, and I attached a 3D .pdf of the model.  That time they didn't question why my trust was listed as the manufacturer.  You may not have a model but I bet a print of a lower would do.  Might avoid what was for me a week delay before getting my stamp.  Just FYI.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:16:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
<snip>

The rules are fairly similar to the Form 1 suppressor process (except an F1 can doesn't have a barrel length).
View Quote

They can if it is an integral design

BW nailed it though, many people have registered 80% builds for many reasons.

I did 2 this way to get custom serial #s incorporating my kids names and birthdates
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top