Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2016 4:32:07 PM EDT
I was looking at PSA 9mm lowers to SBR one.  I saw both styles and that most of their uppers will work on either one.  I have Glock mags already but reliability is a bigger deal for me.  Any way best to go?  It will be suppressed too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Colt.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Colt.
View Quote

This, if you like your thumbs and want to load more than one round at a time in the mags.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 5:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
So, Colt?
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 6:07:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Whats wrong with the Glock versions?  I already have glock mags, so I went with a glock version.  I wont be able to shoot for a little while to see if any issues.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:22:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The only thing unreliable about my QC10 Glock build has been the LRBHO, but it's been reliable enough for me.

I already have a bunch of Glock mags so I wanted this as a companion piece and I haven't regretted it.

That said, nothing wrong with the Colt pattern.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Glock lower with 10.5 inch barrel with a rattlesnake skin hydro dip. I have probably about 600 rounds through So far and it's been flawless. Very accurate at 50yards. I would defnatly recommend bcm charging handle.
I'll post a picture of it when I get home
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I saw a bronzed ATI Glock one with a four inch barrel, as a pistol for $850, I liked it, but I was not sure if the Octane would fit under the rail.  So, I started looking at the PSA stuff on sale to SBR.  I like the Glock mag compatability, but Colt style works for me too.  The mags were actually cheaper as PSA for it too.

That and the Scorpion I saw at the dealer today I thought I could SBR as it came with a stock, but had a pinned fake Silencerco Octane suppressor on it.  Thought about that and unpinning it, if that would work.  Was $1050.  I really like the Sig MPX with the folding arm brace stock and short barrel, but $1600 was a little more than I want to spend.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 9:21:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I went with the PSA Glock lower because I have a ton of mags.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:29:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Colt. Build on a 5.56 lower with Hahn drop-in mag block. Will run reliably, and you can change calibers at will.
Link Posted: 5/18/2016 10:52:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Colt... Just as cheap as glock mags and run awesome.  Bho is nice too.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:04:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Colt. Build on a 5.56 lower with Hahn drop-in mag block. Will run reliably, and you can change calibers at will.
View Quote

I was going to say this unless you're going to run a dedicated 9mm lower.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:12:05 AM EDT
[#12]
http://imgur.com/PqxAVBK
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 5:51:02 AM EDT
[#13]
best answer is get a mp5 version. colt and glock are yesterday's news
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

best answer is get a mp5 version. colt and glock are yesterday's news

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/ab/19/60/ab196083648017fddd97db99a71912b2.jpg
View Quote
Aww man, put a qc10 colt pattern together little while back and now they do this to me...

Link Posted: 5/19/2016 8:41:48 AM EDT
[#15]
For me it came down to Magazines.  I don't own a Glock, so I went with a Colt Pattern lower.  If you have mags then go for a Glock, if not then either way casue you will be buying mags.  If you already have a MP5 then wait for the QC10 to come out.

MAHA
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:03:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Building a glock build currently since I own/carry a G26 and G19.
Who makes a decently priced and functioning glock cut BCG?
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 2:30:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I went with colt even though for pistols I am exclusively a Glock guy. The whole thing of a PDW with a magazine slanted backwards just doesn't excite me. Plus, I don't own and probably never will own 33 round Glock mags.

Ideally I would like an MPX, but I can't justify the cost when I can build a colt style AR for half the price and the mags are much cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I went with colt even though for pistols I am exclusively a Glock guy. The whole thing of a PDW with a magazine slanted backwards just doesn't excite me. Plus, I don't own and probably never will own 33 round Glock mags.

Ideally I would like an MPX, but I can't justify the cost when I can build a colt style AR for half the price and the mags are much cheaper.
View Quote

Bias: I own a Colt style

Point: Everyone says they have Glock mags, so they buy a SFG lower.... then run out and buy 33rd mags anyways....

I just couldn't get over the back slanted mags. Looks like hell to me.
Link Posted: 5/19/2016 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#19]
I have to admit the slanted back mags has been a hang up for me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#20]
My experience is the Colt mag version runs near 100% reliable while the Glock mag version is about 95% reliable.  I have two of each and have several friends that own them.  I prefer my Colt version.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 4:00:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:03:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, just ordered the PSA Colt.  Now another $200 to SBR it, plus another $200 for another AR SBR, plus another $200 for the DA Mask that just came in.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was talking to a coworker yesterday and he said he bought a Glock style lower. I mentioned that I bought a Colt style because of the mag slant and he started mentioning that he didn't even think about it but now that is going to bug him.

Also, I've known the guy for 3 years and he helped me get hired at this company, and just yesterday I find out he not only is a gun guy, but he is also into NFA stuff.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I was talking to a coworker yesterday and he said he bought a Glock style lower. I mentioned that I bought a Colt style because of the mag slant and he started mentioning that he didn't even think about it but now that is going to bug him.

Also, I've known the guy for 3 years and he helped me get hired at this company, and just yesterday I find out he not only is a gun guy, but he is also into NFA stuff.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The slanted back mag was actually a selling point for me.  I think it looks cool .  I'd have gone Glock anyway since I have a ton of Glock mags, just sayin'...

Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I have both a DDLES Glock Colt patterned lower.  If you want reliable LRBHO, get the Colt.  

If you want to use your Glock and other similar polymer mags, get the Glock.  Hoping one day ETS, Magpul, Lancer, etc., will make reliable Colt Patterned 9mm mags, but today the only option(PLEASE correct me if I missed something) for a Colt patterned polymer mag is from Promag.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#26]
As an SBR Colt with a drop in mag block makes a lot of sense...especially if you're going to use it with other uppers/calibers.

For reliability the Colt pattern stuff has been out and figured out for decades. The Glock stuff seems to more finicky especially in regards the LRBHO.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.  I tested the waters with a ProMag mag block just to see how I liked 9mm in a pistol (wannabe carbine) setup.  I liked it, so I ordered the Hahn dedicated mag block and it has been 100% reliable so far.  ASC 32 round stainless steel mags can be had for ~$15 and they are GTG.

Sending off for the engraving this week and then e-filing as soon as it gets back.

I also don't care for the Glock slanted mag look -- just looks goofy.  I had no idea there were reliability issues with them as well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2016 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Just throw my 2 cents in.   I have both Colt and Glock Mags.  I went with a QC10 Glock lower because I wanted a 40 cal.  Long story, but I've got a bunch of 40 and wanted a SBR for it.  Only going option for 40 is either a very custom upper with questionable expensive mags or a Glock style lower.  

It works great, except for LRBHO.  Only problem is that the gun kicks like a mule and isn't very fun to shoot in 40.  Kind of weird that I prefer to shoot the 40 in a handgun than this AR.  Some day I'll build out a 9mm SBR upper and I'm guessing that I'll prefer the 9mm.  

All being said, for me I'd go with the Colt if I was only shooting 9mm.  My 9mm 16" Carbine shoots great and the bolt hold open works with a Hahn block.  I do have the option to throw a block in an SBR AR lower and may some day go down that road.  But for now I'm sticking with the QC10 Glock lower simply because its what I've got.  If I was using this for personal defense or even competition, then I'd be worried about bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 2:41:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I have a colt style ddles lower for my 9mm sbr. I just like the looks more than the angled glock style lowers.
Link Posted: 6/5/2016 3:47:25 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This, if you like your thumbs and want to load more than one round at a time in the mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Colt.

Use a Maglula for either and this is not an issue.  

I like the look of the Colt mo betta, and it makes my feelz right. No dedicated lower necessary.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top