Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2016 1:00:18 AM EDT
I'm trying to sbr my Sig PM400. When you type in the manufacturer, what's actually on the lower receiver  "Sig Sauer Inc", eForms verifies the manufacturer as "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)", which is not engraved on the lower!

Should I stick with what's exactly engraved on the lower and try to attach a photo of the Sig markings, or go with the eForm "verify manufacturer" result which wants to use "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)"? Fyi this is a step beyond the simple drop down choices (I know to beware of the drop downs, but dayam, even clicking "Verify Manufacturer" seems contrary to Sig's engraving).

You'd think this would have been un f'd by now, but apparently not. "Sig Sauer" or "Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)"?

Anyone get an approval for a Sig Sauer SBR lately?

Unless someone has some info on this one, here's my plan:

Sig Sauer Inc (attached a lower photo)
SIGM400 (attach an upper photo)
caliber
9" barrel
28" OAL
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 7:16:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Just for posterity, I got an email, from eforms today that my application is now "IN PROCESS / SUBMIITED". The examiner must have agreed with my point of view and my pics.

Also downloaded and viewed my pdf Form1. Now it has a "SUBMITTED" watermark!  
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#2]
The form changing to in process/submitted simply means your form 1 was accepted for processing by the eforms system and they processed the payment. It will be a while before an examiner sees it and whether or not you know if you did it correctly. The best course of action would have been to click the "ask the experts" link and ask them what they want on the form.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:13:19 PM EDT
[#3]
They had already accepted and processed my payment and set my app to "PENDING RESEARCH". Today it was reviewed and I'm in the "que", from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 5/6/2016 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I had to add pics of the receiver because eForms wouldn't verify my entry of "SIG SAUER INC" and also there was no model or caliber markings on my lower.

You are correct BW, there is a 4 day difference between the day I initially applied/attached my pics, etc. and the day I went Submitted/Pending.

So I'm over another eForm hurdle and I'm pretty darn happy about it!

Not to mention my next sbr will likely be another Sig (but the serial number and model is on the upper this time lol).
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 1:54:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
...click the "ask the experts" link and ask them what they want on the form.
View Quote

I emailed the Experts over a week ago and have not heard a peep from them, even though eForms says they respond to emails within two business days.

I'm now about to Form1 my second Sig SBR and have no definitive word or suggestion which manufacturer ATF wants to see on the form, or what other posters here have had success with, recently.

"Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)" is the only Sig manufacturer eForms will verify.

"Sig Sauer Inc" is engraved on all the lowers I've seen in the last few years and its been around since the 1980's.

If you had a Sig SBR approval in the last year, which did you use (anyone)?
Link Posted: 5/15/2016 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I emailed the Experts over a week ago and have not heard a peep from them, even though eForms says they respond to emails within two business days.

I'm now about to Form1 my second Sig SBR and have no definitive word or suggestion which manufacturer ATF wants to see on the form, or what other posters here have had success with, recently.

"Sig Sauer Inc" is engraved on all the lowers I've seen in the last few years and its been around since the 1980's.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...click the "ask the experts" link and ask them what they want on the form.

I used the Sig Arms (Sig Sauer) for a Form 1 and the same for a factory SBR on a Form 4.  Per Ask the Experts from two years ago, the reason for the Sig Sauer in parentheses is to cover both early and current Sig firearms.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 1:52:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Just submitted mine using sig arms (sig sauer).  I will report back if they reject it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for your replies.

I noticed the pre-reviewer/examiner changed my Form1 (where I had entered 'Sig Sauer Inc', and then attached a pic) on my Research Pending form.

I see they removed my apparently incorrect 'Sig Sauer Inc' and put 'Sig Arms (Sig Sauer)' on my draft for me. Then  they upgraded it to Submitted/In Process. I didn't notice it before, but finally saw it after picking through it. Thought it was odd that I never heard back from my message to Ask the Experts, plus wasn't notified of any changes they made.

Seems weird that they'd do that.  Mystery solved, I hope.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 7:09:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Linky
View Quote

I got a fix letter for just having MPX on my paper, individual form 1.  They didn't have a problem with Sig Sauer Inc.
Link Posted: 5/17/2016 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I got a fix letter for just having MPX on my paper, individual form 1.  They didn't have a problem with Sig Sauer Inc.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Linky

If you enter Sig Sauer Inc in eForms, a popup type message informs you that's not a recognized manufacturer, then you need to upload a pic or documentation.

I need to testfire a new SIG556 asap (hopefully today) so I can Form1 it too. I'll be using Sig Arms (Sig Sauer) for this next sbr.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top