BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/15/2016 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Use the kiosk at the post office. Print one to them, and one to yourself. Include the one TO you in th box
View Quote

Very few usps locations around me have the self serve kiosks. Luckily the one right by my office does
Link Posted: 7/16/2016 1:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
If your using a medium flat rate box, I'd just suck it up and pay them the $15 shipping.

They worked with me, but if I had to do it all over with what I know now, I'd eat the buck and a half difference and just buy the return shipping on their website.
Link Posted: 7/18/2016 1:50:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did this end up working out? I just did the exact same thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just sent my receiver off flat rate USPS. The clerk didn't understand that I wanted a return postage sticker too so he gave me the flat rate amount in stamps for the return postage. I enclosed all of it in there so hopefully the Tar Heel crew can figure it out if not I guess I'll get a call.

Did this end up working out? I just did the exact same thing.

It did, no problem getting it back. I'm guessing they see it often enough.

But I would recommend buyng the return postage on their website for zero worries.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 9:15:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got back 4 items, two lowers, Stevens 311 and a scorpion. My problem with the order is that it was my first order. I wish everything I've had engraved was done by THSF. Very professional work. Good price, fast shipping. I am amazed at the work.
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 11:23:37 PM EDT
[#5]
THSF is a good job on my SBR within the trigger well engraving.

Quoted:
If your using a medium flat rate box, I'd just suck it up and pay them the $15 shipping.

They worked with me, but if I had to do it all over with what I know now, I'd eat the buck and a half difference and just buy the return shipping on their website.
View Quote

I ate the difference and paid the $15 return shipping.

That being said, they packed my lower WAY better than I did.
Link Posted: 9/30/2016 9:11:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I designed my own logo for my lower, emailed it to them and they sent a photo of an engraved sample a few days later.  I didn't like how it turned out so redid it and they engraved another example which I am happy with.  They are going to put the same but smaller logo on several form 1 cans too.  Can't wait to see the final product in person.

ETA they are working on a rotary device that will allow them to engrave around a suppressor tube, should be cool.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:57:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Any info for a guy who wants to send a scorpion to THSF for engraving? Not an SBR yet but will be when I decide to send it. Not 100% sure on the legalities on sending once it is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 12:03:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Engraving is considered a repair.

Select the polymer engraving service and send it off.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any info for a guy who wants to send a scorpion to THSF for engraving? Not an SBR yet but will be when I decide to send it. Not 100% sure on the legalities on sending once it is.

Engraving is considered a repair.

Select the polymer engraving service and send it off.

Thanks BW!
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Since you haven't made the SBR yet it won't be until you engrave and assemble. You aren't sending it with a stock and upper anyways.
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Just paid for another engraving service
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 6:33:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/1/2016 7:42:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One more chance for a free suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just paid for another engraving service

One more chance for a free suppressor.

Shh, shut up

I need to figure out if I'm getting my wife printed or if I'm filing individually. Ugh
ETA: or amending my trust
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Just got my receiver back ... first time using THSF. Very pleased. Will not use anyone else from now on.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#16]
They are awesome,  I walked in paid them and walked out about 45 min later,  30 of that was running my chops,  very nice folks.  because they have a SC license I will be using them to buy my next suppressor,  they have all the stuff right there to do fingerprints and everything.

Link Posted: 10/4/2016 6:13:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is the winner of the Saker 556 an ARFCOM member?
View Quote

Hope so! Not I though
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:04:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did they say who won?
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:27:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Hope so! Not I though
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope so! Not I though

Wasn't me either.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Robert M of Stockton, Alabama.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did they say who won?

Robert M of Stockton, Alabama.

Lucky guy.

They did a great job on my engraving though.
The young lady who called me and told me I didn't need to engrave CAL 5.56 again was super nice as well.

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 10:13:39 PM EDT
[#23]
So far, I'm impressed!

I sent of my MPX lower on the 4th...  scheduled to be delivered here on the 11th...  One week door to door, from MN to NC and back!
Even received a personal call (from Scott?) to clear up a question on what I needed to have engraved.

If the work is as good as the customer service, THSF will take it's rightful place in my RECOMMENDED VENDORS folder!  
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:20:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Based off all of your recommendations...

THSF gets my business!
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 8:34:33 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

THSF gets my business!
View Quote

They got mine.  Tracking shows they received my package Monday evening.  They updated the status to "complete" on Wednesday and sent it out Thursday evening.  Three days isn't bad.  I'll let you know how it turned out when I get it back (which looks like it will be on Monday).
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 5:26:38 PM EDT
[#26]
I am very pleased with THSF and the quick turnaround time.  This was my first engraving and they used my own logo that I designed.  They did a test engraving but I wasn't happy with the image so I made another and am very impressed with the detail of the engraving.  Up close you can see every detail and they even filled it in with white paint so it really pops out in person.  Once they get the new machine set up I'm going to send my suppressor tubes too.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:20:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Sent 1st shipment, 7 AR lowers and 1 CZ Scorpion receiver to THSF last week and had a call promptly upon arrival. It was tough for me to blindly send them across the country in a box but, after reading the thread, I couldn't resist(Thanks).
Great communication and looking forward to getting them back and sending the next 2 batches out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:54:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

They got mine.  Tracking shows they received my package Monday evening.  They updated the status to "complete" on Wednesday and sent it out Thursday evening.  Three days isn't bad.  I'll let you know how it turned out when I get it back (which looks like it will be on Monday).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

THSF gets my business!

UPDATE:  Well, it was supposed to arrive today (Monday), but the USPS really came through and it arrived beforehand, on Saturday.

THE GOOD:

- It was 8 days from when I sent it out until I had it back in my hands.  That's really good turnaround time!

- I had paid the $15 for return shipping.  THSF packed it VERY well.  It was inside the box that I had shipped it in, which in turn was inside a box with bubble wrap.  Excellent!

- The engraving was nice and clean and professionally done.  The text was center justified and the line spacing was proportionally correct.

- They blacked out the engraving (I had forgotten to even ask them to do it) and it matches my anodizing perfectly.  It looks factory.

THE (MAYBE) NOT SO GOOD:

- I had specified on the order that I wanted 1/8" lettering (the same size as the lettering on the magazine well).  I did this because I'm the type of guy who wants to make sure that there's no possible question that my SBR is properly marked (particularly down the road when there's going to be some wear on the receiver).
The placement was on the (left) side above the hammer and trigger pins.  This area was unused on my receiver, so there was no problem with availability of space.
With the above in mind, I was less than thrilled when I saw that the text was 1/16".
I didn't receive a call or email about it, so I don't know if this was an on-the-fly judgment call or a simple error (I wouldn't be surprised if over 90% of their orders are for 1/16").
HOWEVER, when receivers have lettering in this area, it's typically smaller that whatever's on the magazine well... so this smaller-than-specified lettering looks more "factory correct" than what I had ordered.  It's growing on me, actually.  So... different than what I had ordered, but probably what I SHOULD have ordered.

OVERALL:

- I'm favorably impressed with THSF.  Their website makes ordering engraving very easy.  They did the engraving quickly and it looks great.  They got it back to me quickly and it was packed very well (I recommend the $15 return shipping option).  I feel that THSF's work is a very good value and I would use them again.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#30]
They just engraved my B&T P26 which is a similar polymer to the CZ Evo. The results are perfect and looks very OEM. It shipped out within 3 days of them getting it. I did the $15 flat rate shipping option and was still cheaper than most.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:50:39 PM EDT
[#31]
I have THSF do a few things for me and I'm happy with the results - but I'm curious how people are handling insurance with their firearms?

Are you all ensuring for full value or just assuming the risk?

For example, insuring an MP5 clone for $1800 adds $24 to the cost. ~$50 for a round trip pretty much kills the price advantage of THSF over any local engravers.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:50:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

UPDATE:  Well, it was supposed to arrive today (Monday), but the USPS really came through and it arrived beforehand, on Saturday.

THE GOOD:

- It was 8 days from when I sent it out until I had it back in my hands.  That's really good turnaround time!

- I had paid the $15 for return shipping.  THSF packed it VERY well.  It was inside the box that I had shipped it in, which in turn was inside a box with bubble wrap.  Excellent!

- The engraving was nice and clean and professionally done.  The text was center justified and the line spacing was proportionally correct.

- They blacked out the engraving (I had forgotten to even ask them to do it) and it matches my anodizing perfectly.  It looks factory.

THE (MAYBE) NOT SO GOOD:

- I had specified on the order that I wanted 1/8" lettering (the same size as the lettering on the magazine well).  I did this because I'm the type of guy who wants to make sure that there's no possible question that my SBR is properly marked (particularly down the road when there's going to be some wear on the receiver).
The placement was on the (left) side above the hammer and trigger pins.  This area was unused on my receiver, so there was no problem with availability of space.
With the above in mind, I was less than thrilled when I saw that the text was 1/16".
I didn't receive a call or email about it, so I don't know if this was an on-the-fly judgment call or a simple error (I wouldn't be surprised if over 90% of their orders are for 1/16").
HOWEVER, when receivers have lettering in this area, it's typically smaller that whatever's on the magazine well... so this smaller-than-specified lettering looks more "factory correct" than what I had ordered.  It's growing on me, actually.  So... different than what I had ordered, but probably what I SHOULD have ordered.

OVERALL:

- I'm favorably impressed with THSF.  Their website makes ordering engraving very easy.  They did the engraving quickly and it looks great.  They got it back to me quickly and it was packed very well (I recommend the $15 return shipping option).  I feel that THSF's work is a very good value and I would use them again.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THSF gets my business!

THE GOOD:

THE (MAYBE) NOT SO GOOD:

OVERALL:

UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:

BigWaylon forwarded this to Teri at THSF.  Apparently she had called while they had my receiver but didn't get an answer.  That's possible.  I screen my calls and usually don't answer if I don't recognize the number.  Even then, I Google the number.  I didn't see anything that looked THSF-related.  I don't know why email wouldn't work.

The smaller text was a choice made because 1/8" would have put the text too close to the pin holes.  I don't know how their setup is, so maybe they weren't able to shift it further to the right where there was more room.  She did try to accommodate me as best she could by making the text slightly bigger than 1/16", so that was cool.

In any case, Teri and THSF handled it exactly as I would have asked them to had they been able to contact me.  It was just unexpected.  I'll probably never have cause to get another receiver engraved, but I would use THSF again if I did.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:39:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Saw all of yours on the table this morning. Good thing they didn't engrave what you originally asked for.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sent 1st shipment, 7 AR lowers and 1 CZ Scorpion receiver to THSF last week and had a call promptly upon arrival. It was tough for me to blindly send them across the country in a box but, after reading the thread, I couldn't resist(Thanks).
Great communication and looking forward to getting them back and sending the next 2 batches out.

Saw all of yours on the table this morning. Good thing they didn't engrave what you originally asked for.

Hilarious. I would like to blame it entirely on the grandchild helping but, can't. After I hung up with Scott, I realized he should've given me far more shit!
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I have THSF do a few things for me and I'm happy with the results - but I'm curious how people are handling insurance with their firearms?

Are you all ensuring for full value or just assuming the risk?

For example, insuring an MP5 clone for $1800 adds $24 to the cost. ~$50 for a round trip pretty much kills the price advantage of THSF over any local engravers.
View Quote

I will rely on scheduled USAA policy and insurance through the NRA far before I ever rely on shipping insurance.
As much as I like to support local business, I have no issues with occasionally making exceptions.  Although, an additional $24.00 if you do not have coverage is a small price to pay for a company that has such a solid reputation.
Link Posted: 10/28/2016 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Very satisfied with the work done by THSF.  Quick shipping and turnaround.  7 days total from when I shipped to when I received.  

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Thanks THSF. Look great!

Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:00:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 5:01:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Had Teri engrave a knife for my son's 10th birthday this coming week. Also did one for a buddy of his for Christmas. The engraving is a Star Wars font. It's not black, but that's how the light catches it. It's really just shiny without any color.

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/ADFD6FCC-B965-4EA4-956C-A94C3D8104E7_zpsju2pp8sf.jpg

Here's a different angle of one of them to show it's not black:

http://i751.photobucket.com/albums/xx151/thegreghorton/Mobile%20Uploads/90041DF2-62B6-4393-B90D-6CC3741A4037_zpsgqsnh8tj.jpg
View Quote

No less than awesome. Great Idea.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#39]
Sent a lower to them today.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:34:21 PM EDT
[#40]
For those that sent them a CZ Scorpion EVO, did you break the receiver down into the left and right side and send them one side or just send them the entire receiver/handguard?
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 2:49:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
For those that sent them a CZ Scorpion EVO, did you break the receiver down into the left and right side and send them one side or just send them the entire receiver/handguard?
View Quote

You can see my picture a few posts up but, I sent the receiver minus backplate and muzzle device to reduce the weight. Every once was important in my shipment.
Link Posted: 10/30/2016 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I can post pics of mine
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Sent a lower to them today.
View Quote

Just got it back.  7 day turn around to my door.  Not bad at all.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#44]
If some of you don't get their emails, they are running a Veterans Day/Weekend special. 10% off any item or service with coupon code VETERAN.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:35:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Do these guys have an actual store front?  The google maps shows a house.  It's not an issue either way to me.  I was just wondering b/c I'm not that far away and would probably rather drive there if poss.  The site also says they can finger print and do photos.
Link Posted: 11/14/2016 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top