Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/22/2016 10:58:37 PM EDT
I just filed my first Form 1 a few weeks ago, and I was dragging my feet on getting my lower engraved.  Tar Heels State Firearms came highly recommended, and now, I know why.  According to UPS, it was received sometime on Wednesday afternoon, and I swear that they engraved my lower the instant that it arrived.  I got a USPS notification the same day that it arrived!  Amazingly fast...

I was a little reluctant to leave good feedback until I saw the final product, and I'm still amazed at their service.  I had them engrave my trust information inside the trigger guard, and it was correct and precise.  

I am very happy with their speed and accuracy.  I'll be sending future projects their way!
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to hear it, I have been thinking about trying them. Has anyone sent them an MP5?
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to hear it, I have been thinking about trying them. Has anyone sent them an MP5?
View Quote

I agree with what BW said. They are awesome.

They do a very nice engraving inside the collapsible stock tracks for MP5s. Picture is on their website.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#4]
When they did mine I got invited in; had a great chat with Scott (hope that shoulder is back up to speed) and his lovely wife (dangitall, can't remember her name); got to ogle all the stuff in his display case, meet his dogs (that old Lab wasn't too sure about me :), and watch the engraving take place.

Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, she will do it as you wait also.  Super cool lady to hang out with.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, their engraving is top notch, as is the rest of their business. Good people.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:47:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They do a very nice engraving inside the collapsible stock tracks for MP5s. Picture is on their website.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An MP5 is next on my wish list.  I'm glad to hear that they have a good engraving location for those, too.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#9]
So with THSF, do I ship the lower through an FFL or just Drop it in a UPS box and send it on its way.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 2:16:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So with THSF, do I ship the lower through an FFL or just Drop it in a UPS box and send it on its way.
View Quote

I use a small flat rate box
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's what used last time.

Next time your there ask Teri if the dog still watches TV. I don't remember which dog it was but it was phsyco over the TV.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds a lot like our local guy
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 9:23:01 PM EDT
[#14]
THSF:
Pretty quick turn around.
FANTASTIC engraving
Great CS.
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:16:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Stupid question.... How do I get a return shipping label?

Do I just ask for one at USPS when I ship the package, or is it something that I need to do online (and know the actual weight of the package)?
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:37:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Stupid question.... How do I get a return shipping label?

Do I just ask for one at USPS when I ship the package, or is it something that I need to do online (and know the actual weight of the package)?
View Quote

Just ask at the shipping place, they will sell you a  return shipping slip that you enclose with the item , and get your item back home
Link Posted: 2/23/2016 11:55:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Thank you Superdoc and BigWaylon.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#19]
THSF is good people. I need to send them a few more lowers. I dropped mine off last time and waited and it was a great experience.
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I actually drove there personally to have it done. They are nice folks, and watching the fancy laser engraving machine do it's thing is cool.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#22]
For those with polymer items like the CZ scorpion, THSF does an unbelievably excellent job of engraving these. The engraving was perfect and looked just like it was done at the factory. Definitely recommend anyone needing engraving on a Scorpion to send it to THSF. They have a great spot on the rear of the bottom angled area of the upper. Very clean.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

It's a long drive from AL to NC for some engraving.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

THSF is good people. I need to send them a few more lowers. I dropped mine off last time and waited and it was a great experience.

It's a long drive from AL to NC for some engraving.

I'll schedule business in Charlotte just to make it happen!
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#25]
Just mailed off 5 pieces to THSF to be engraved.  I called them a couple of times to get clarification on a few things, they answered every time and were more than eager to help.  I have no doubt they will make me a repeat customer.  

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 4:42:51 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Five chances to win an Octane 45 (assuming you paid for them between 3/1-3/21)

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just mailed off 5 pieces to THSF to be engraved.  I called them a couple of times to get clarification on a few things, they answered every time and were more than eager to help.  I have no doubt they will make me a repeat customer.  

yeah I paid for them friday or saturday.  Dealing with the UPS store was the only annoying part of the process.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Just got my receivers back from them. GREAT work. Highly recommended. They also called me to verify and even make some suggestions before engraving. A+
Link Posted: 3/21/2016 7:46:34 PM EDT
[#29]
My experience sounds like all the rest.

Scott was great with answering questions and I had my receivers back in less than a week.

Nice work, quick turnaround and great CS.

Link Posted: 3/21/2016 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Just ordered two engravings. Now to ship them out.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 5:25:51 AM EDT
[#31]
I'll just echo everyone's experience here. Shipped out on a Friday, they received the next Monday, they sent me the shipping notification on Tuesday, I had the receiver back in my hands on Thursday. Less than one week turnaround including shipping days and a weekend in the middle. Great work, too.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 8:20:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Awesome work on my 870 and Ar lower.  I think I may send in another soon.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Just got my receivers back from them. GREAT work. Highly recommended. They also called me to verify and even make some suggestions before engraving. A+
View Quote
My experience was the same, very satisfied with the quick turnaround and quality work for a reasonable fee.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:01:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Printed a shipping label to go to THSF just now
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 12:46:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Ooooh...I might need to run over there and "help" them with that engraving. A really small "BIGWAYLON WAS HERE" engraving will only increase the value.

I'm expecting my F1 approval any day for my first SBS, so I'll need to make a trip anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Printed a shipping label to go to THSF just now

Ooooh...I might need to run over there and "help" them with that engraving. A really small "BIGWAYLON WAS HERE" engraving will only increase the value.

I'm expecting my F1 approval any day for my first SBS, so I'll need to make a trip anyway.

Well it is a noveske chainsaw lower so maybe that will inflate the value
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

well, I got the email letting me know I DIDN'T win, haha! Still pretty cool that they do that.

Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:04:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
well, I got the email letting me know I DIDN'T win, haha! Still pretty cool that they do that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya sad day...me too :( oh well
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 7:17:35 PM EDT
[#39]
No email yet, I assume I didn't win.
Link Posted: 3/22/2016 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 11:31:48 PM EDT
[#41]
They did an outstanding job on my MP5 and MP5K clones, could NOT be happier with the quality and the turnaround time was just darn awesome.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

They did an outstanding job on my MP5 and MP5K clones, could NOT be happier with the quality and the turnaround time was just darn awesome.
View Quote
Where did you have THSF engrave them?  I just sent them 2 MP5's (POF/MKE) and asked them to put it on the left side towards the top.  I hope I picked a good spot.

Link Posted: 3/24/2016 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Where did you have THSF engrave them?  I just sent them 2 MP5's (POF/MKE) and asked them to put it on the left side towards the top.  I hope I picked a good spot.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They can do it in the A3 rail slots if you want
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#44]
I mailed it Wednesday of last week, they got it Friday, they had it back out in the mail by Saturday, and I got it Monday.  Awesome service!
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:Where did you have THSF engrave them?
View Quote

I had them engrave it in the slot where the stock rail goes on the right side, just in front of the reinforcement plate that is on the K rails.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 6:57:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Another bump for THSF. The did some engraving for me and it was top notch and I had it back within the week.
Link Posted: 3/25/2016 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#47]
I had such a great experience a couple of weeks ago with THSF doing my engraving that I just sent off some more stuff to get engraved. Good stuff!
Link Posted: 3/26/2016 1:21:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Shipped my lower to them Monday, got it back today. Proceeded to color fill the engraving. They do such good work!!!!! Glad I went with them!!!" />
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 1:00:07 PM EDT
[#49]
My lower was delivered Saturday 3/26 and I received an email around 9am MST saying its complete and will return ship today. Happy customer, again.
Link Posted: 3/28/2016 3:03:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Another attaboy to THSF...Sent 5 receivers off last Tuesday and got them back TODAY....That's less than a week and more than halfway across the country.

Engraving looks GREAT and instructions were followed to a T.

Won't hesitate to refer anyone to them!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top