Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2016 10:23:27 AM EDT
This is a work in progress, I will get more pics as it progresses.

So almost 2 years ago I decided to SBR the lower on my 14.5" LaRue PredatOBR.  I had the MD unpinned so I could use my AAC suppressor and decided to wait since LaRue would be offering different barrel lengths/cals and Handguard lengths.  I have no doubt when LaRue releases some they will be great, but I gave up on waiting (got inspired by another member here) and decided to make it happen myself.   I ordered:

12" LaRue Stealth Barrel (cutting to 10.5")
SLR Sentry 7
LaRue gas tube
LaRue tOBR barrel nut
Sent my Handguard to get cut

Old 14.5" set up

Everything broken down

Gonna cut to here

12" barrel (sending to get cut to 10.5")

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Curious, while I can understand sending the rail to be cut to a desired length as rails preference differs greatly from person to person, why did you order a Larue barrel just to cut it down when there are so many quality 10.5" barrel offerings out there?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:59:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Curious, while I can understand sending the rail to be cut to a desired length as rails preference differs greatly from person to person, why did you order a Larue barrel just to cut it down when there are so many quality 10.5" barrel offerings out there?
View Quote

As far as I know LaRue uses a proprietary mounting collar that can only be used with their barrels.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:02:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah! Well then, that would make sense
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 1:57:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

As far as I know LaRue uses a proprietary mounting collar that can only be used with their barrels.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't true.  You can use other barrels in there but you have to use the tOBR barrel nut.

I bought a LaRue barrel because I got it for a great deal from a member on here and I wanted a LaRue barrel.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

This isn't true.  You can use other barrels in there but you have to use the tOBR barrel nut.

I bought a LaRue barrel because I got it for a great deal from a member on here and I wanted a LaRue barrel.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I stand corrected
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top