Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2016 4:19:46 PM EDT
Can anyone who has this gun, or knows someone with this gun, let me know which suppressors they have seen fit out of the box on this gun?  I am thinking of picking this up as they one locally for a good price, but I am having trouble figuring out what suppressor will actually fit it.  I am a Sandman-S on the way now that is for my normal ar15's and my left hand SBR I am building, but I don't think it will fit on the MK18.  I am thinking I may need to pickup another suppressor specifically for this gun.

Appreciate any help, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Out of the box?  The DD flash suppressor/hider is compatible with the Advanced Armament Omni, Gemtech Halo and KAC NT-4 QDSS suppressors (according to the DD website).  I swapped out the flash hider for a SureFire Socom mount and my 762Mini and 556SB fit perfectly.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Sandman will fit - almost everything non-reflex will fit
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Specwar will
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 8:13:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sandman will fit - almost everything non-reflex will fit
View Quote

From looking at both together, I can't see how it fits without rubbing.  Just bought this a few mins ago.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:06:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Out of the box?  The DD flash suppressor/hider is compatible with the Advanced Armament Omni, Gemtech Halo and KAC NT-4 QDSS suppressors (according to the DD website).  I swapped out the flash hider for a SureFire Socom mount and my 762Mini and 556SB fit perfectly.
View Quote

Been doing some research tonight, how does the Surefire 556SB work out for you on the mk18?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Saker fits
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's a pic of the 556-SB on the DDMK18.

The Socom mount is timed with one shim and the SF orange spacer.  The 556-RC, 556-SB and 762-Mini are all externally identical according to the specs on the SF website.
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Saker fits
View Quote

+1.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Here's my saker

Fits perfect (just a tiny gap)

Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I run a SDN6 on mine with a 51T break. Fits and works well.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#11]
For all your guys with the MK18, how bad is the blowback?  I am lefthanded so I am going to be right in the BB and I was watching a youtube video of the Surefire in action and the blowback looked huge.  Looks like I am going to need to do some work to mitigate that.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
For all your guys with the MK18, how bad is the blowback?  I am lefthanded so I am going to be right in the BB and I was watching a youtube video of the Surefire in action and the blowback looked huge.  Looks like I am going to need to do some work to mitigate that.
View Quote

Back pressure/blow back is going to depend on the suppressor itself. You can slap an adjustable gas block on, a Gemtech BCG with suppressor setting, a gas buster and those will all help to regulate the gas to your face.

It will also depend on which gas port you are using. Is this a DD factory upper (has larger gas port) or a Colt barreled upper (mil spec gas port)?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Back pressure/blow back is going to depend on the suppressor itself. You can slap an adjustable gas block on, a Gemtech BCG with suppressor setting, a gas buster and those will all help to regulate the gas to your face.

It will also depend on which gas port you are using. Is this a DD factory upper (has larger gas port) or a Colt barreled upper (mil spec gas port)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a complete MK18 in milspec direct from DD.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 11:01:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, so you'll likely have a good amount of gass blow back. Easiest way to reduce it is an adjustable gas block or a gas buster CH. The gas buster however may not be a big change for you though as it only helps with the gas leaking from where the handle inserts, not the ejection port.

You being a lefty, I'd say an adjustable gas block and/or a suppressor with minimal blow back would be the way to go....I'm sure actual lefties would have better insight on what works in real life however.
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Video below shows ejection pattern difference going from factory DD  ~.081-.082 port down to .049".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAa1xFhhNAk

Another video showing the difference of trying to fix the issue of throwing a heavy buffer at the problem, you still have close to 300RPM increase in cyclic rate and increased fouling by not controlling the gas.
You can also see later in the video a puff of gas coming out of the ejection port when not regulated and a lack of gas coming out when the port size is dropped down to .049.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jWbEo_z_fs

View Quote

The Govnah doesn't fit under the DD Lite/MK18 rails though right?
Link Posted: 2/7/2016 12:43:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top