Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 10:24:51 PM EDT
Finally did it, got rid of my 300 because I wasn't happy with the caliber performance.  Went back to tried and true 223.

I'll have to mate it with my lower once I'm off work.
</a>" />

Edt:
7.5 ballistic advantage
9.5 geissele mk 8
Kx5
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks excellent.  What aspects of the 300 where you not satisfied with?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, specs?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Mine is a killing machine. $1/round is not fun though.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:35:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good. How do you like the rail, I've been dying that for my next sbr.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to hijack OP's thread, but what ammo would you recommend for hogs? I've got a bunch of the Remington 220 gr subs and 120 gr supers because I can find them local and relatively inexpensive but my understanding is the 220's don't perform very well.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
My original build was 8.5 noveske barrel, shooting 220 subs. Anything inside 100 I had about 3" groups. At 200 yds it would open to about 14".  I do not hunt, I target shoot, and for what my purpose if it was not good. I did try supers, it was about 7" group, but that's still not good to me. Plus expensive, I was shooting Remington if that matters.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:55:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Not to hijack OP's thread, but what ammo would you recommend for hogs? I've got a bunch of the Remington 220 gr subs and 120 gr supers because I can find them local and relatively inexpensive but my understanding is the 220's don't perform very well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I use Barnes 110. There is also Hoghammer 130. I think Barnes is also making a 120 also.

The Rem/220 sucks for hunting, and sucks for accuracy too. Mine was 6-8 MOA.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My original build was 8.5 noveske barrel, shooting 220 subs. Anything inside 100 I had about 3" groups. At 200 yds it would open to about 14".  I do not hunt, I target shoot, and for what my purpose if it was not good. I did try supers, it was about 7" group, but that's still not good to me. Plus expensive, I was shooting Remington if that matters.
View Quote

What sight/scope setup?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What sight/scope setup?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What sight/scope setup?

This razor
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:44:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I use Barnes 110. There is also Hoghammer 130. I think Barnes is also making a 120 also.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top