Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/1/2016 2:01:29 PM EDT
I need to file a couple Form 1's and I am thinking it might be safer to paper file over E-filing to get them in under the gun with 41F.

There seems to be a lot of disapproved e-file form 1's for stupid model names or caliber markings vs. paper filing and if you paper file, you can fix it without re-submitting. Wait times are very similar...

I would hate to have an e-file pending and then be disapproved after the cutoff date because the model name I entered was not the one they wanted (this has actually happened to me - I had to send a picture and re-submit)

Any thoughts on this? Any reason not to paper file?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:10:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been paper filing lately for the same reason.  

Quoted:
I need to file a couple Form 1's and I am thinking it might be safer to paper file over E-filing to get them in under the gun with 41F.

There seems to be a lot of disapproved e-file form 1's for stupid model names or caliber markings vs. paper filing and if you paper file, you can fix it without re-submitting. Wait times are very similar...

I would hate to have an e-file pending and then be disapproved after the cutoff date because the model name I entered was not the one they wanted (this has actually happened to me - I had to send a picture and re-submit)

Any thoughts on this? Any reason not to paper file?

Thanks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you using for fillable Form 1's? I am going to do paper, but cannot find any fillable forms online.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting.
nfatracker.com says e-forms are slightly faster. But at this point the forms are going to be taking forever. So it might be worth it to paper file.
After all whats 2 weeks to 6+months? If it means security?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 11:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:42:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The one you find online, and Adobe Reader.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
What are you using for fillable Form 1's? I am going to do paper, but cannot find any fillable forms online.

The one you find online, and Adobe Reader.

The ones I have found online are not fillable...I have Adobe and have filled out quite a few paper Form 1's before and never had an issue. None of them I can find will allow me to enter any data.

I have not completed a paper Form 1 in a long time. Is the only difference the addition of the method of payment page?

Hmmm....maybe I need to update my Adobe. Let me try that.

EDIT: Negative - I have the current edition of Adobe.

EDIT #2: I think I figured it out. For some reason my Adobe was only showing me the non-fillable version...Thanks for the assistance!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:21:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Should probably take into account that with the paper form you have the mailing time (2-3days) to them, then waiting for them to cash the check (5-10days), then the time from check cash to pending (5-10 days) then the time it takes them from approval to get the stamp to the dealer (1-4 weeks)......it may be faster to just do eforms....payment and put bring dates are instant and so is receiving your stamp
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Might as well paper file so you can get used to it again.  After 41F is in effect you won't have a choice until they can overcome the [sarcasm]monumental task[/sarcasm] of figuring out how to upload and attach scanned photos and fingerprint cards in addition to trust documents.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top