Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2015 12:58:24 AM EDT
It seems like the RONI would be a cheap way to have another NFA toy. I was looking at it for my Glock20 in 10mm.

The only question I have is will it accept pistols with over length lone wolf barrels?

Aside from that, do any of you have one of these as an SBR? Is it worth it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 1:15:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes they will accept longer barrels.
The opening at the front is very generous.

Worth it ?
Depends, on you a lot. Friends certainly enjoy theirs, it is an accurate platform.
I can't bring myself to spend the cost of another gun, on what is in effect a stock for my pistol.

(In NZ legally it's a pistol)
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 3:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't have a Roni, but I have an Endo on my Glock 17. It's a lot of fun, but it didn't scratch my itch for what I really wanted...an MP5. Now I have both. If I had the MP5 first, I wouldn't have bothered with the Endo. Luckily, the Endo isn't too big of an investment.

My analysis would be this: If you love your Glock, and you shoot it a lot, it's worth it. If it's one of your lesser used guns, there's probably tax stamps better spent.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 8:05:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't have a Roni, but I have an Endo on my Glock 17. It's a lot of fun, but it didn't scratch my itch for what I really wanted...an MP5. Now I have both. If I had the MP5 first, I wouldn't have bothered with the Endo. Luckily, the Endo isn't too big of an investment.

My analysis would be this: If you love your Glock, and you shoot it a lot, it's worth it. If it's one of your lesser used guns, there's probably tax stamps better spent.
View Quote

Well I shoot my Glock 20 a lot and I wanted a MP5 10 but not for what people are charging for questionable quality Choarie guns.

I guess my next question is how does one go about engraving a Glock frame so its legally legit?
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Well I shoot my Glock 20 a lot and I wanted a MP5 10 but not for what people are charging for questionable quality Choarie guns.

I guess my next question is how does one go about engraving a Glock frame so its legally legit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most people engrave on the large, flat potion on the underside of the trigger guard. I engraved mine in a unique location as far as I know: The underside of the frame on each side of the metal serial number strip. Mine looks like:

TRUST NAME
[Metal serial number]
CITY, STATE

Initially I engraved on the flat right side of the barrel hood. I don't recommend engraving there unless that's the only barrel you're going to use and you know that for sure.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't do the ronin but I went with a cheaper fab defense stock for my Sbr glock 35. I love the thing and it shoot excellent. I prefer my mp5s but the glock is super light and a great weapon to throw the stock in a backpack and use it as a sidearm. Very cool and cheap for a 9mm pcc Sbr.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:02:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pistol slide is also an acceptable location.
View Quote

Really? I thought the frame had to be engraved.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 2:04:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pistol slide is also an acceptable location.

Nope. Slide is acceptable. just needs to be readily visible. The reason most people engrave AR lowers is because they can then change uppers without having to engrave each upper. In either case, the receiver and its serial # is still the registered SBR.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 8:27:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#10]
The RONI is a hella fun toy. Especially with a suppressor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top