Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2015 11:13:48 AM EDT
I am looking to build a 9mm AR SBR with a 6 inch or so barrel (not stuck on barrel length).  I want to use a rail on it that will go over a suppressor for an overall length of 10 or 12 inches, around there, a dedicated 9mm suppressed sbr.

I will not be shooting it without the can, and if i do i will build a second upper dedicated for no can.

Does anyone know what rail is large enough to go around an octane 9?

ideally it would look something like the DD 300 SBR, that is what i am intending
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#1]
my AR9mm with an Octane 45.

If you don't intend to shoot it unsuppressed, i think a specter length (~9.25") HG would look great

When i shoot mine unsuppressed i put a flash can on it and it sticks out ~1/2"

Rainier Arms/Sampson carbine length
5.25" barrel

Link Posted: 12/1/2015 3:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 4:23:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I use a 5" tros, octane 9 3 lug and 9" M4e1 upper and rail from aero precision. About 1.5" sticks out end of hand guard.

Any of the m4e1 rails, seekins bar rails and spikes ones will be a large enough ID to name a few.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:26:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to run a ti-rant 45 inside of samson Evo, and my suppressor sits easily inside of my Seekins MCSR rail.

I run a 4.5 inch with 10 inch rail currently.  A shorter barrel like sub 5 inch helps keep most 147 gr sub sonic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:26:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Seekins Bar
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top