Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2015 5:39:24 PM EDT
Anyone experience this? Was told by my ffl an additional 2-4 weeks, in addition to the previous weeks delay.

Has any other ffl been thru this or am i being sold a line?
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 5:42:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone experience this? Was told by my ffl an additional 2-4 weeks, in addition to the previous weeks delay.

View Quote

Can't say I've heard of that before. I should be getting approved some time this week (basing it off a buddy that sent his in two weeks before me and got approval 12 days ago) so I guess we'll see!
Link Posted: 11/30/2015 6:11:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a form 4 that should have been approved over a week ago according to NFA tracker.
ETA: Just got a call, my stamp came in today.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 9:17:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

If they are talking about a BATFE inspection/audit of their shop, it *shouldn't* change anything. They don't close the shop down to do these.

My LGS has been audited several times - the BATFE agent goes through all of their firearm transaction books & inventory, but the people in the shop can book stuff in & out while the inspection is happening.

Good luck,
Bob S.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If they are talking about a BATFE inspection/audit of their shop, it *shouldn't* change anything. They don't close the shop down to do these.

My LGS has been audited several times - the BATFE agent goes through all of their firearm transaction books & inventory, but the people in the shop can book stuff in & out while the inspection is happening.

Good luck,
Bob S.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck,
Bob S.

Well, that would also be my assumption.  I am going to go with what the atf lady said, there is a problem with what the company is doing.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 11:50:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Well, that would also be my assumption.  I am going to go with what the atf lady said, there is a problem with what the company is doing.
View Quote

That highlighted part says everything, look up exeter arms out of Nebraska. They got caught doing naughty things and it affected people who were waiting. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
After rereading my post, those are my words not atf. Jessica said the local office put the hold pending whatever they are working on and when she gets the release she will release the stamps. She was not able to release any stamps. It was related to f1 issues in wa state and what wca was doing. Maybe they get the pass on building and selling sbr in wa. Or maybe not. But my transaction had nothing to do with that but is now caught up in it, along with all others.

Not trying to fan or create flames. Just providing my 1st person experience and letting folks know we all get to now wait.
Link Posted: 12/1/2015 1:49:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine today.  125 days from date of submission. It is a form 1 and was e-filed.
Link Posted: 12/19/2015 1:55:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good luck,
Bob S.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck,
Bob S.

I can't speak as to other shops or frequency, but a prominent LGS with a substantial amount of employees closed for one full business day for an ATF audit. If I had to guess, it probably made for a smoother morning not dealing with customers in addition to giving the SA the courtesy attention while going through everything. Two to four weeks sounds like a significant review, but I don't know what I don't know.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top