Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2015 11:23:08 PM EDT
I'm not a big fan of folding stocks and would sure love it if I could easily attach a fixed wood stock onto my PAP M92 once the stamp comes back. Just seems like too much of a PITA to do a trunnion swap because of the different hole locations, and that's with me even having access to all the stuff with which to do it. I was thinking there's got to be a way to take a standard AK stock, cut the portion off that goes into the receiver, and somehow attach it to an adapter that would then attach to the back of the M92's receiver. Or perhaps an aftermarket trunnion that has the same rivet hole locations as the under folder trunnion used in the M92, but accepts a standard AK wood stock or maybe a slightly modified one.

Has anyone come up with anything to do this yet? Even an unconventional backyard method would be nice if it looks good and is durable.

Edited title to specify wood stock.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:07:18 AM EDT
[#1]

U.S. Machinegun has an adapter that is held on by the grip screw. I chose folding with buffer tube attachment. Just unscrew the grip and replace screw. It is rock solid and does not change the way the grip feels. Has the correct cant amd my sights are dead on.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 12:15:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
<a href="http://s902.photobucket.com/user/wayneswank/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20150723_203631_zpspkagsw1z.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac228/wayneswank/Mobile%20Uploads/20150723_203631_zpspkagsw1z.jpg</a>
U.S. Machinegun has an adapter that is held on by the grip screw. I chose folding with buffer tube attachment. Just unscrew the grip and replace screw. It is rock solid and does not change the way the grip feels. Has the correct cant amd my sights are dead on.
View Quote

Not really what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to put something close to a regular wood AK stock on it if possible.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 7:50:05 PM EDT
[#3]
You could always just bolt a manticore arms triangle stock directly to the back of the trunnion and not do the folder.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You could always just bolt a manticore arms triangle stock directly to the back of the trunnion and not do the folder.
View Quote

I've considered that option as well and may do that if I can't find a way to make a wood stock work. A machinist buddy has offered to take a look at it for me so we'll see where that goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top