Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/24/2015 3:50:39 AM EDT
Ok. Aow shotgun. Think master key.  I know it can be mounted under an ar or you can attach a pistol grip but what about this

I am guessing this would be considered a stock but I'm not 100%. It acts like a stock but then so does an AR. It uses the same mount as it would an AR but I don't know that that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/24/2015 2:38:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A Masterkey is an SBS when it's mounted to an AR, not an AOW, since it's attached to a buttstock.
The firearm pictured would also be an SBS.
View Quote

The firearm pictured has a shoulder stock and cannot ever be an AOW again.........it's a short barreled shotgun.
hopefully the possessor bought an SBS tax stamp before attaching that shoulder stock.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 12:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A Masterkey is an SBS when it's mounted to an AR, not an AOW, since it's attached to a buttstock.
View Quote

Wrong
Atf ruled aow on an ar15 stays an aow despite stock. Buncha california owners went that way. I imagine with a stand alone stock though ur making an sbs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:48:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/25/2015 1:51:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Can you post a cite on this? In Indiana we couldn't have SBSs until recently, when I looked into using an AOW 12ga under an AR I was very quickly told it was a no-no.
If what you're saying is true (and I'm not doubting you), this is good news anyway since a $5 tax is pretty nice compared to $200 for something that would most likely be in the "novelty" category.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong
Atf ruled aow on an ar15 stays an aow despite stock. Buncha california owners went that way. I imagine with a stand alone stock though ur making an sbs.

Can you post a cite on this? In Indiana we couldn't have SBSs until recently, when I looked into using an AOW 12ga under an AR I was very quickly told it was a no-no.
If what you're saying is true (and I'm not doubting you), this is good news anyway since a $5 tax is pretty nice compared to $200 for something that would most likely be in the "novelty" category.

I absolutely want to see that ruling.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top