Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2015 12:10:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 12:58:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
i am building my first sbr and looking hard at this upper. anyone know if my AAC omni can will work with it? the omni is a QD that mounts over an a2 FH. wondering if the rail will have enough clearance for the mount.
View Quote

I don't know the answer to your specific question, but my 556SD fits on my Mk18 just fine using a standard 51t mount.

ETA - pic below.  I'm guessing you need someone with that exact config or the calcs for threads + FH - can offset.

Link Posted: 10/8/2015 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm pretty sure at minimum you will have to change out the FH. Pretty sure the DD standard FH is longer than the a2 style. As far as the can, how far past the FH does the can mount?

ETA: just measured clearance between the rail end and the shoulder for the FH. You have .054 inch clearance....not a whole lot

DJs pic above pretty much looks exactly like how my Specwar K fits.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 2:57:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Something else to contemplate with the commercial MK18 DD uppers is that they're heavily over gassed, even without a can.
You might want to look at a govnah for it as well.

That aside, I love my DD MK18 upper.
Link Posted: 10/8/2015 10:43:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Something else to contemplate with the commercial MK18 DD uppers is that they're heavily over gassed, even without a can.
You might want to look at a govnah for it as well.

That aside, I love my DD MK18 upper.
View Quote

Installed my Govnah over the summer. Need to sight in my T1 as using this for s carbine class in 2 wks.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i'd rather not spend another 100 for a gas block. you guys running heavy buffers?
View Quote

I have a colt barrel on mine and run an H buffer, but I would start with an H2 on the DD barrel and go up
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:31:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I just received the gemtech BCG, I won't have my suppressor until next month to test it out. I've got some great info from people in the industry that it works as described.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:32:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i'd rather not spend another 100 for a gas block. you guys running heavy buffers?
View Quote

MK18 SBR comes with an H buffer stock.
I'm running an H2 myself, but I don't run a can on it.
It is heavily overgassed, with a can you're going to get substantial gas to the face.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 1:52:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
i have a radical arms pistol that does the same thing. added a Armageddon Tactical CH and it made a HUGE difference. i would expect this on any short upper. that gas has to go somewhere
View Quote

No. A properly sized gas port elevates excess gas to the face and carrier wear.
I have a 10.3" DD contract over run barrel that has a smaller .70 gas port compared to a commercial 10.3" DD barrel with an .80+ gas port.
They're night and day.
Link Posted: 10/9/2015 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is heavily overgassed, with a can you're going to get substantial gas to the face.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe the MK18 guys in the big AR thread say H3 and springco Blue.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 12:57:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have the full DD Mk18, not just the upper, so I'm running the stock buffer with the new gas block.  556SD on the end.
Link Posted: 10/12/2015 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top