BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Govnah is plug-n-play. The set screws are easy. Getting the factory one off takes some time, but I bet someone from your hometown forum could give you a hand.

There's no dialing in with the Govnah. Especially for a MK18 since the port sizes are well tested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I heard those gas blocks take a lot of work to get dialed in. It seems like if I wanted to change gas blocks I would be in need of a smith to instal it if it's pinned

The Govnah is plug-n-play. The set screws are easy. Getting the factory one off takes some time, but I bet someone from your hometown forum could give you a hand.

There's no dialing in with the Govnah. Especially for a MK18 since the port sizes are well tested.

I'm in VA.  2020 pm me your location...if close by I could help you out if you want.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:48:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Mine isn't quite a mk18, but has the DD mk18 bbl w/ commercial gas port which is why I was gonna go w/ the Govnah GB

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Love that build! except the foregrip.

Where in WV?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Love that build! except the foregrip.

Where in WV?

Southern part. Near Ohio.

Foregrip looks dumb, but damn if it ain't nice and comfortable.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 11:53:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Mine isn't quite a mk18, but has the DD mk18 bbl w/ commercial gas port which is why I was gonna go w/ the Govnah GB  

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/A7B234CE-67A3-45F8-9708-7B34D81829CA_zpsgi9eei9m.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/A7B234CE-67A3-45F8-9708-7B34D81829CA_zpsgi9eei9m.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/sabroso1/media/A7B234CE-67A3-45F8-9708-7B34D81829CA_zpsgi9eei9m.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb358/sabroso1/A7B234CE-67A3-45F8-9708-7B34D81829CA_zpsgi9eei9m.jpg</a>

I know where you ordered that rail from and im so on the fence about gettin git for my other mk18 build
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

10.5"?
don't tell the clone guys
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have four guns that are 10.5 with DD MK18 RIS II rails on them.

THE ANSWER IS YES!

10.5"?

That's one of the reasons I said to hell with making a clone. I have a LMT 10.5" upper and I wasn't going to get .2" of barrel chopped of to make a bunch of internet commandos happy. In the end I decided to build what made me happy, not build something that conformed to the specs someone else came up with.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 1:18:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I love mine....

Mine started life as a 10.5 inch noveske SBR, which I decided to throw on a DD RIS rail in tan, but on some knights sights, and a tan eotech, and LMT sop mod furniture.  Shoots amazingly well.
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 3:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Some people just want to watch the world burn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THE ANSWER IS YES!

10.5"?

I meant 10.5" guns with MK18 rails. Not a MK18 clone .....
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 7:59:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THE ANSWER IS YES!

10.5"?

Nah, I meant every now and again those guys get off on tangents about the 10.5" not being clone spec unless referring to the very limited LMTs that were purchased by the military. I think thats what the chap i quoted meant also. But i see what you mean too.... stupid internets...

Some of those poor guys would kill for a MK18 rail lol. I think a few places just received some in stock though. Were MIA for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 6:00:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I got the DD MK18 upper and it's obviously quality,  being DD. They really dropped the ball with the huge gas port, though.  Why they wanted to appease the tula-shooting crowd rather than the NFA bunch that is likely to suppress it is beyond me.  The laser markings on it are obnoxious as well.  The more I got into cloning a cqbr I decided to rebuild on a colt upper and swap in a colt bcg. It's a great upper, unless you plan on getting serious in the clone game--in which case you'll end up dissatisfied
Link Posted: 9/18/2015 7:09:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I got the DD MK18 upper and it's obviously quality,  being DD. They really dropped the ball with the huge gas port, though.  Why they wanted to appease the tula-shooting crowd rather than the NFA bunch that is likely to suppress it is beyond me.  The laser markings on it are obnoxious as well.  The more I got into cloning a cqbr I decided to rebuild on a colt upper and swap in a colt bcg. It's a great upper, unless you plan on getting serious in the clone game--in which case you'll end up dissatisfied
View Quote

Got my DD mk18 finally the up woe came in such bad condition I actually had to send it back the bolt was rusted and poor machining marks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2015 1:47:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Have one on my full auto lower full time.  It's my favorite upper, and that's not just because of the lower.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top