Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2015 6:00:06 PM EDT
Cant seem to find anything, anywhere
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Building it yourself is cheaper and lets you get the exact components you want.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never built one, I just buy complete usually. What all do I need to get?
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Primary arms has radical firearm uppers that are 300blk and 8.5"...but the rail you get isn't what's pictured. But it's cheap...$290 shipped sans bcg/charging handle.

If you build you'd need a barrel, gas block, handguards/rail, gas tube, upper receiver and associated pins. You'd also need a vise, barrel wrench and action block...or wood/chopping board if your cheap.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 10:43:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They're very easy. The only bad part is buying the tools. After you add them up you realize they cost about half as much as the upper.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They're very easy. The only bad part is buying the tools. After you add them up you realize they cost about half as much as the upper.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But then you build 3-4 or 10

Spend the money for a Geissele reaction rod, Brownell's sells a knock off model cheaper. An AR wrench or regular car tools work. Roll pin punch makes things easy, and a torque wrench is a safe bet.  I only bought the reaction rod, I had everything else.

Then gather up all of the parts you want and start building. You can buy ABC barrel and XYZ handguard, then get the muzzle device and charging handle you want.
Link Posted: 8/29/2015 10:41:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Aero Precision has what you are looking for.

Linky
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top