Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2015 5:40:22 PM EDT
I bought a stripped lower when Obama was elected.  Can I make it into a SBR?  Sorry about such a newbie question, I know that if possible I will have to pay the SBR tax and add to a trust.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 5:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you need to have the trust set up and fill out a form one. Wait for the stamp to come back and you can build the SBR.
Link Posted: 7/30/2015 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the info!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#3]
No, you do not "need" to have a trust set up.  Many people do (including myself), but there's no requirement for one.  Without a trust, though, you need to file a paper Form 1 (though it sounds like the timelines on those are about the same as for eForms now), get fingerprinted, photos taken, and CLEO signature.  With a trust, you can e-file, and don't need prints/photos/signatures.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 9:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, you do not "need" to have a trust set up.  Many people do (including myself), but there's no requirement for one.  Without a trust, though, you need to file a paper Form 1 (though it sounds like the timelines on those are about the same as for eForms now), get fingerprinted, photos taken, and CLEO signature.  With a trust, you can e-file, and don't need prints/photos/signatures.
View Quote

I think OP was stating that that's his plan, so teerex was just walking him through what had to happen if he goes that route
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top