Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2015 1:11:42 PM EDT
Hi All....My SBR setup is as follows...Colt 6940 lower with Noveske 10.2" upper 300 blackout...above mentioned eotech exps3-4..G33 magnifier...

OK..ammo..Barnes 110gr.tac-tx....I sighted in at 50yds using the TOP moa dot....moved target to 100 yds and am 9 inches high at 100yds..!!!??? Using the same top
moa dot....!!!??? I sighted at 50 yes since my deer feeder is EXACTLY 50 yds from my deer blind....of course, is entirely possible that shots may go out to 150-200yds also....

What gives..??? any ideas..??? What say ye learned gentleman..???

Thanks for reading this and your help...

Pete
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Fat dot + error at 50.
Sight in at 100.
Check at 50 using same dot/hold.
You should be within 1" assuming BC .290ish, 2200FPS, 2.5" sight height.
Always best to sight in at max distance you intend to shoot and error moving in will always be less then sighting close and moving out.

So what you really need to do is chrono your round, figure out how the Dots match up with you resulting ballistics, sight in at the farthest range you intend to shoot with the appropriate dot and work you way in. If you sighted in at 200 and your off 1" at 50' no big deal. But if you are what you think is dead on at 50' even a small error can throw you off at distance. Unless of course you are shooting .1 MOA at 50'.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
THANK YOU NUKE 1....!!!!!! Will do that tomorrow..!!!! OK...have OEHLER 35 Chrono....will see how fast this Barnes ammo is.....Thanks Again....

PETE
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No problem,
So what is the sight height of your set-up? Most assume about 2.5" on a common AR but if your set-up is significantly differnet it can make a differnce in how you sight in/the data you use in the ballistic calculator you use to get your data.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
NUKE1...sight height is about 2.5"...no more than 2.75" above bore line...

Thanks Again..
Pete
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top