Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 10:29:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I drew the sketch initially as just the left side then I drew another sketch of the front profile with the plane in the correct position and mirrored that and then extruded the cut into the side profile which I had already extruded.  It wasn't too bad it just took a while I got carried away and forgot to draw the screw hole lol.  I know there's way better ways to draw this probably but I'm still learning.
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 11:16:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I drew the sketch initially as just the left side then I drew another sketch of the front profile with the plane in the correct position and mirrored that and then extruded the cut into the side profile which I had already extruded.  It wasn't too bad it just took a while I got carried away and forgot to draw the screw hole lol.  I know there's way better ways to draw this probably but I'm still learning.
View Quote

You did a grate job with it.  For the screw hole, I would use hole command place it close to where it goes, and then use dimensions command, from the hole to the top and then to the front, to put it in place.  

Like always let me know if you need anything.

Link Posted: 1/22/2016 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Im wondering what it would cost to get a mold made and cast or have them injection molded
Link Posted: 1/22/2016 6:49:13 PM EDT
[#4]
A mold is probably going to be more more then $70.  I recall a thread about it, and the equipment for injection molding was over $100k.  

You could try your local library?  Ours has a Makerbot Printer for public use. They charge for martial used.  Then use the Fruity Ghost method to reproduce it.  Just say it's grip for a camcorder.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A mold is probably going to be more more then $70.  I recall a thread about it, and the equipment for injection molding was over $100k.  

You could try your local library?  Ours has a Makerbot Printer for public use. They charge for martial used.  Then use the Fruity Ghost method to reproduce it.  Just say it's grip for a camcorder.
View Quote

Was thinking more along the lines of the fruity ghost method.  There is a local company that does injection molding though.  I wonder what they would charge for a small run
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:31:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Well my newest endeavor.  I stole the FBHO idea from pctech lol.
Took me a while to get all of the dimensions perfect.  It is a great fit and magazines lock up tight with less play than the factory release.  I made a bunch for my friends and I because I could and I customized some with the Montana state vigilante code on em.  3-7-7 7
I know y'all will probably think it's a ripoff of the gear head works lever which I also own but it's slightly different.  More rake to the front portion and the paddle is longer with finer and more serations
Enjoy

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Well my newest endeavor.  I stole the FBHO idea from pctech lol.

Took me a while to get all of the dimensions perfect.  It is a great fit and magazines lock up tight with less play than the factory release.  I made a bunch for my friends and I because I could and I customized some with the Montana state vigilante code on em.  3-7-7 7

I know y'all will probably think it's a ripoff of the gear head works lever which I also own but it's slightly different.  More rake to the front portion and the paddle is longer with finer and more serations

Enjoy

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/29/d8fdc543ddfead024870b9c09648e048.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/29/41cc67fb691f6bad7a33fea8225a6440.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/29/55c3ccea803fcfa12fc078236ccc0afb.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/29/7da634368efb7d29042f363b3ce09e13.jpg

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/01/29/1954d0acd4e76ac92649bb5b8bbb2adf.jpg
View Quote

Outstanding Job!

I can't believe this comes from a guy that didn't know CAD a little over a month ago.  Bravo. You're addicted now.  Anytime you need a small part for anything, your fist thought will be ,"I can print that that".

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:29:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Pc-tech I'm me your address I'm gonna send one to ya as a thanks for the help along the way
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 9:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
(link deleted by moderator)
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:42:08 AM EDT
[#10]

My trigger.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:20:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good.  Any trigger time with the new MODs?
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 6:00:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Edit: Was going to post some pics on the punisher floor-plate, but photo bucket is not removing the exif data.  I'll post it later.

Link Posted: 2/6/2016 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#13]
2nd try :

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top