Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/28/2015 9:16:58 AM EDT
So I waiting a millions years to get my suppressor and want to build an SBR now. Can I just buy a stripped lower to start the process? I want to get the ball rolling but am not set on all the specifics yet. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
yes, you can
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 8:52:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can but you do need a few of the particulars,

Barrel length, Overall length, caliber.

These can change after the firearm is built but you must list these on the form1 and the SBR must initially be built to these.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:01:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Start a trust, efile form 1 a lower to SBR it ...

Also start here ->

http://www.ar15.com/forums/f_6/51_Short_Barrel_Rifles__SBR_.html
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

These can change after the firearm is built but you must list these on the form1 and the SBR must initially be built to these.
View Quote

You dont even need an upper.... just submit the barrel length and caliber you think you would like to build.... get a trust and submit it  on ATFonline
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You dont even need an upper.... just submit the barrel length and caliber you think you would like to build.... get a trust and submit it  on ATFonline
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The form 1 is the rifle you are building, not what you think you would like build. Unless you build the rifle as submitted on the form 1 initially then the firearm that was approved on the form1 was never built.

Once built as approved it can be changed without notice to the ATF. However the ATF recommends notifying them of any permanent changes to the configuration to maintain accuracy of the database.

Link Posted: 6/27/2015 10:53:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok perfect.

I plan on building from scratch with a nice lower since I am holding onto this baby forever... What does everyone think about the Noveske N4 5.56 Gen3 Anodized Stripped Lower? Yes, overpriced probably but I want something nice for the lower

https://dsgarms.com/nvn4gen3-anodized
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:50:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Have your lower engraved with the trust info BEFORE you submit the Form 1.  Unlikely your engraver would make a mistake but you would be pissed if it happened
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#8]
What other stripped lower recommendations? These are technically my first builds
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:35:35 AM EDT
[#9]
And are there any complete lowers worth while that anyone would recommend?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The form 1 is the rifle you are building, not what you think you would like build. Unless you build the rifle as submitted on the form 1 initially then the firearm that was approved on the form1 was never built.

Once built as approved it can be changed without notice to the ATF. However the ATF recommends notifying them of any permanent changes to the configuration to maintain accuracy of the database.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That academic. I built an sbr just like I described and it worked fine, that lower has one of three different legnth uppers on it any any given time to inlude the original length submitted... none are permanent. I SBR'd a pistol and it will have one of several uppers on it at any given time... to include the specified length I was thinking of building at the time.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 7:47:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What other stripped lower recommendations? These are technically my first builds
View Quote

The Seekins SBA15  is a good choice but really... just choose a quality made lower and choose whatever rollmark you like.  I sbr'd a Palmetto State Armory Stealth lower  , a Seekins SBA15 and a Daniel Defense Forged lower... they all work fine.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#12]
What about complete lowers?
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 8:11:39 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
What about complete lowers?
View Quote

It's cheaper to get a stripped lower buy a parts kit and it should take you about 30 minutes to put the thing together.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 10:21:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Will this work?
http://www.spikestactical.com/lower-multi-forged-pirate-parley-plunder-and-arr-p-564.html
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Will this work?
http://www.spikestactical.com/lower-multi-forged-pirate-parley-plunder-and-arr-p-564.html
View Quote

Yep, Spikes is a quality outfit
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:24:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Will this work?
View Quote

I've built two SBR's on those lowers - they are good to go!

Bob S.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 3:49:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Have your lower engraved with the trust info BEFORE you submit the Form 1.  Unlikely your engraver would make a mistake but you would be pissed if it happened
View Quote

Or adopt the already engraved markings
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top