Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2015 9:49:33 AM EDT
Can you simple screw a muzzle brake into the supressor. Secure the ASR. And the use it as a direct thread supressor? Or are you risking damage to the teeth or something else? I'm wondering because I'm waiting for my Omega to come in and I have a 10.5" blackout barrel with a 12" rail. So While I wait can I use this setup with my Specwar 7.62? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
You're going to want to Rocksett the muzzle device anyway!
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're going to want to Rocksett the muzzle device anyway!
View Quote

The idea is I will never shoot the .300 blk without a can. I don't want to use a muzzle brake because I can't get to the ASR under the rail. But I could tighten the ASR around a spare muzzle brake until the Omega direct thread comes in. What I'm asking is can I tighten the muzzle brake onto the barrel hand tight and remove it WHILE the can is attached without damaging it. I'm not gonna crank down on it and would probably use a crush washer to ensure it doesnt bind up too bad from thermal contraction and expansion.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 10:54:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Do not use a crush washer with a specwar or the omega when you get it.

EDIT: answer below is better. Hand not through about torque on locking teeth in my previous response.

You can also call silencer co or email them to get their thought on this idea. They would know best and are great to speak with.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#4]
It makes sense when only tightening the suppressor and mount on the barrel but I worry about loosening.  If the mount gets stuck on the threads, then you are putting the force on those tiny locking teeth to unscrew everything.  I wouldn't do it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2015 4:29:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It makes sense when only tightening the suppressor and mount on the barrel but I worry about loosening.  If the mount gets stuck on the threads, then you are putting the force on those tiny locking teeth to unscrew everything.  I wouldn't do it.
View Quote

Gotcha. I'm thinking of trying it and if there's any resistance to is coming off I can easily remove my rail seekins MCSR, take off the can. And wrench off the brake. I'll report back once the muzzle brake comes in the mail in a few days.

If anyone else has tried this before please report your findings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top