Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2015 3:53:22 PM EDT
Have a few questions.

1. Will this upper be able to fit my specwar 7.62?
http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/rfupperv2.rf.105.300fqr.htm

2. What BCG and CH should I be looking at? Does it matter?

3. Bought a Magpul acs-l stock, but still need the buffer tube set to complete the lower along with a good lower parts kit for my aeroprecision lower,
the guy I bought it said it was commercial spec, what buffer tube set would I need to fit it?

I know that's alot, but anyone have anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:05:22 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Have a few questions.

1. Will this upper be able to fit my specwar 7.62?

http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/rfupperv2.rf.105.300fqr.htm

2. What BCG and CH should I be looking at? Does it matter?

3. Bought a Magpul acs-l stock, but still need the buffer tube set to complete the lower along with a good lower parts kit for my aeroprecision lower,

the guy I bought it said it was commercial spec, what buffer tube set would I need to fit it?

I know that's alot, but anyone have anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks.
View Quote

1.  I can't say for sure, but it is really going to be pushing it to make it fit and there is a good chance it won't

2.  Any good BCG from a reputable maker.  I've never personally seen a messed up CH, but they are cheap.

3.  Commercial is just the type of receiver extension, so if the stock is commercial you need a commercial tube.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Should I look for a rail shorter than 10" for a 10.5" barrel?

Really having a hard time finding those in 300 blackout with the low profile gas tube.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:34:03 PM EDT
[#3]
1. It may fit but can't be positive. My 11.5 barrel with 11" rail has room but not all barrels or rails measure exact. In most cases you need more than a half inch of rail clearance.
2. Any carrier from a well known company I would go with a full auto carrier. Pick you poison on the ch.
3. Commercial buffer tube.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the commercial tube fit my milspec lower receiver?
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will the commercial tube fit my milspec lower receiver?
View Quote

Yes it will.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
After looking at the picture again and zooming in I don't think it would work with a suppressor. Looks like the collar of your fh would be under the rail. I looked at my Specwar brake to compare.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
After looking at the picture again and zooming in I don't think it would work with a suppressor. Looks like the collar of your fh would be under the rail. I looked at my Specwar brake to compare.
View Quote

Same looks like I need about a 1/4" or more to make it fit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Seekins build with a 10.5" barrel and a 10" BAR handguard, which is pretty similar to the Radical one you're referring to.  I have a Specwar 762 brake attached and, when I place my suppressor on the brake, it shoulders almost to the edge of the handguard. Obviously, there are variances in these things, but I think it will probably fit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Still looking at options for uppers. What twist would be best 1/7 or 1/8?

Found this, complete.

http://www.surplusammo.com/saa-300blk-10-5-hbar-1-8-mid-length-yhm-diamond-quad-rail-a2-complete-pistol-upper-receiver/
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Should I look for a rail shorter than 10" for a 10.5" barrel?

Really having a hard time finding those in 300 blackout with the low profile gas tube.
View Quote

Quoted:
Still looking at options for uppers. What twist would be best 1/7 or 1/8?

Found this, complete.

http://www.surplusammo.com/saa-300blk-10-5-hbar-1-8-mid-length-yhm-diamond-quad-rail-a2-complete-pistol-upper-receiver/
View Quote

1/7 is more versatile as in the can stabilize many different types of bullet weights. Personally I always go 1/7 with 5.56 and 300 black out.  Also my 10.2" noveske barrel came with a low pro gas block. But my barrel cost almost as much as the upper you are looking at.

I would suggest the raptor charging handle. In my opinion it is the best out there.
http://www.rainierarms.com/rainier-arms-raptor-ambidextrous-charging-handle-5-56mm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top