Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2015 12:44:58 PM EDT
I just had Tar Heel State Firearms engrave two AR lowers for me and the engraving came out as they advertise. My receivers had the trigger guards already installed and they
were still able to engrave in the trigger area with out having to remove the trigger guard. Their service is hard to beat. Thanks Tar Heel!!

Tar Heel State Firearms
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:34:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I have sent them a good number of items and just had 2 more done. I am just expressing my how happy I am with their work.
When I get great service I let everyone I can now about it. Sorry if that bothers you.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have sent them a good number of items and just had 2 more done. I am just expressing my how happy I am with their work.
When I get great service I let everyone I can now about it. Sorry if that bothers you.
View Quote

Considering the few amount of posts you had on here, and almost all are praising the company.
I'd say you either work for the company, or are the company looking to get free exposure without paying the industry fee.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:43:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Considering the few amount of posts you had on here, and almost all are praising the company.
I'd say you either work for the company, or are the company looking to get free exposure without paying the industry fee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol caught. The hive will not forgive this.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
You are free to think as you wish sir.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pics? Or was this a customer's engraving and your not permitted to post clients firearms without permission?
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Pics can only be uploaded from some other site or facebook page which I do not have. I am not very computer/internet savy.
Tell me another way to post and I will be happy to oblige.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Form 1 suppressor
+10000 to THSF
Quick shipping and great commo
ETA: 3 page THSF engraving thread in the suppressor forum.

Link Posted: 5/20/2015 7:42:35 PM EDT
[#9]
NICE!! Did they recolor the engraving for you? My AR receives have been recolored with alumaback I believe. The polymer receivers have just come back with
black engraving. I think they color the steel receivers with lacquer paint stick or something similar which may have been what they used on yours.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:01:16 PM EDT
[#10]

What does THSF being in NC have to do with anything?

THSF is one of the largest if not largest dealer in our entire great state.

I've purchased three suppressors from them and have had one lower SBR'd with incredible service.

I will post a more detailed review and pics later, but Scott has probably done more to spread NFA knowledge and awareness across our great state thru constantly educating people at trade shows and online than any other dealer.

They have also helped fix many, many problems that other dealers/customers in our state have had around the form3/form4 transfer process.  This happened with me personally - my first purchase was from another dealer and it took them literally 2 and 1/2 months to submit my form 4.  I called THSF up and they helped me and my dealer thru the process, no questions asked, didn't request anything in return, just shared knowledge with a stranger.  Over the next four to five months that lead to me purchasing 3 cans and doing one engraving thru them.  Excellent work, fair price and professional, prompt communication.

Additionally they were one of the first to be selected in our state for Silenerco's SPEQ program, which should speak volumes to their commitment to customer service.

All of this has really grown thru word if mouth and THSF's excellent customer service, like all small businesses.  Before you start trashing someone new with a low post count, I would think you could do more research, with your high post count.

I will sing THSF's praises for all they've done to spread NFA awareness in our state.  I tell my friends and anyone who is interested  to give them a call because 1) I strongly feel the best way to educate people on NFA issues is by discussing them, 2) they are very knowledgeable and friendly and 3) I want as many people as possible to own NFA items because I am passionate about the Second Amendment and would love to see the day where consumers can walk into a store and walk right out with an SBR or Suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I've purchased three suppressors from them and have had one lower SBR'd with incredible service.

I will post a more detailed review and pics later, but Scott has probably done more to spread NFA knowledge and awareness across our great state thru constantly educating people at trade shows and online than any other dealer.

They have also helped fix many, many problems that other dealers/customers in our state have had around the form3/form4 transfer process.  This happened with me personally - my first purchase was from another dealer and it took them literally 2 and 1/2 months to submit my form 4.  I called THSF up and they helped me and my dealer thru the process, no questions asked, didn't request anything in return, just shared knowledge with a stranger.  Over the next four to five months that lead to me purchasing 3 cans and doing one engraving thru them.  Excellent work, fair price and professional, prompt communication.

Additionally they were one of the first to be selected in our state for Silenerco's SPEQ program, which should speak volumes to their commitment to customer service.

All of this has really grown thru word if mouth and THSF's excellent customer service, like all small businesses.  Before you start trashing someone new with a low post count, I would think you could do more research.  

I will sing THSF's praises for all they've done to spread NFA awareness in our state.  I tell my friends and anyone who is interested  to give them a call because 1) I strongly feel the best way to educate people on NFA issues is by discussing them, 2) they are very knowledgeable and friendly and 3) I want as many people as possible to own NFA items because I am passionate about the Second Amendment and would love to see the day where consumers can walk into a store and walk right out with an SBR or Suppressor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

All of this has really grown thru word if mouth and THSF's excellent customer service, like all small businesses.  Before you start trashing someone new with a low post count, I would think you could do more research.  

The fact that the company is in NC and the poster is in NC and all he posts about is THSF, leads me to believe he works for the company.
I actually did research and posted it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:15:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The fact that the company is in NC and the poster is in NC and all he posts about is THSF, leads me to believe he works for the company.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You've now gone from "handful" to "all" in two posts.  The narrative is developing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 8:47:09 PM EDT
[#13]
With everything I've heard about THSF, the OP just has an odd style of posting. They seem to be an honorable shop with a good reputation who don't need ghost or shill accounts. I'll be sending them my next Form 1 tube for some custom engraving.
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:25:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/20/2015 9:41:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I apologize for the crappy ipotato pics, but here's my ridiculously long 36 character trust name engraved on a polymer lower.  It turned out very clean and precise.

Link Posted: 5/21/2015 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You've now gone from "handful" to "all" in two posts.  The narrative is developing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Only one post wasn't relating to praising the company.
My money is still on shill.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 11:59:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Only one post wasn't relating to praising the company.
My money is still on shill.
View Quote

Some people just aren't aware of tech forum etiquette. Or he's a shill.
Link Posted: 5/21/2015 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#18]
nevermind - it's just not worth it
Link Posted: 5/22/2015 10:34:23 PM EDT
[#19]
The guys and gals and Tar Heel are awesome, and they'll be getting all of my future engraving after my first and only experience with them to date.
Link Posted: 5/27/2015 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll be getting my third tube back from them tomorrow.  They are fast, do great work and have awesome customer service.  Scott and Teri are good people in my book.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Tar Heel just did an OUTSTANDING job for me.  I had a lower that I tried to cheap and fast on and took to a sporting goods/trophy shop.  They did not go deep enough.  I sent it to Tar Heel and they did a beautiful job of going right over the bad job and re-blacking the whole thing.  Looks perfect, and it is now deep enough to be legal.  No extra charge for fixing my mistake.  
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#22]
OP. Thanks for this post. I wanted to try and stay in state and now I can.

In process of building SBR and was looking for engravers.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Can you feel the engraving above the trigger guard? Seems like it would annoy me. But not sure.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I apologize for the crappy ipotato pics, but here's my ridiculously long 36 character trust name engraved on a polymer lower.  It turned out very clean and precise.
<a href="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/BullCityHeel/media/IMG_20150520_211613_856_zpsgdy6v4ao.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a560/BullCityHeel/IMG_20150520_211613_856_zpsgdy6v4ao.jpg</a>
View Quote

Not to hijack... But kinda to hijack - what did you do to the Smith 15-22 that made it NFA... Or, did you just add it to the trust as non NFA item?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:28:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You are free to think as you wish sir.
View Quote

So is the site staff... Which I'd be willing to bet finds your story and explanations do not pass the smell test!
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Scott is a great guy to do business with. I have had several lowers engraved and bought a few suppressors from Tarheel State firearms over the last year or two and only had a great experience. I usually drop the wife off at the outlet mall and head over. Nothing like having a lower engraved while you wait :) ....and the inside the trigger guard engraving his wife does is awesome
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Just got another lower back from THSF. First a polymer, now a regular one.  I went a tad deeper than required in case I decide to cerakote down the road.

I was amazed at how small and clean they were able to do it. I'm someone that has one of those ridiculously long trust names as well. I asked a buddy of mine if they noticed anything different with the lower. They completely overlooked the engraving until I pointed it out to them. Very satisfied.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Another A++++ job for these THSF. Mine looks just like the pic above.  Very satisfied and they will get all my future business
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:23:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Thumbs up from me.  Sent my lower off last week and got it back today.  Great work and fast turnaround.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 2:16:27 PM EDT
[#33]
From NC, had several items engraved (including a shotgun) -- they did a fantastic job. Avoid trophy shops and have these guys do the laser engraving.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 11:20:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Another A+ for SBR receiver engraving.  Got the engraved receiver back in less than a week. Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top