Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2015 9:34:50 PM EDT
ok i just form-1ed my CZ scorpion evo3 to SBR it when the parts become available. question is, where the heck do i engrave trust info? since it has a poly shell/frame with almost no metal exposed. can i just pick a clear space on the outside and have it engraved or???
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I engraved mine in the polymer
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#2]
thats what i was leaning towards since the barrel is almost totally shrouded. it will be suppressed so nothing exposed.barrel that is. thanks
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:13:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Engraving on polymer is fine, ATF doesn't specify that it has to be metal. Just make sure you engrave on the polymer part that is actually the receiver (ie, I've heard that the Scorpion is molded in two halves, so make sure you engrave the side that has the Mfr and SN on it).
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:27:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Engraving on polymer is fine, ATF doesn't specify that it has to be metal. Just make sure you engrave on the polymer part that is actually the receiver (ie, I've heard that the Scorpion is molded in two halves, so make sure you engrave the side that has the Mfr and SN on it).
View Quote

well that splains it!!! thanks
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What type of engraving was done? My engraver says a diamond tip rotary engraver should work or should I get it laser engraved? Laser engraving is $50 and rotary is $35.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 2:12:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What type of engraving was done? My engraver says a diamond tip rotary engraver should work or should I get it laser engraved? Laser engraving is $50 and rotary is $35.
View Quote

I had mine done by ident marking in Dallas TX they use laser engraving.  I had them do it right above the factory engraving so it isn't as noticeable.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 7:48:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Lasers produce very clean engraving, as long as the engraver says they are comfortable with your type of polymer. Ident has engraved a lot of polymer guns but with new models their lead time can be very long while they figure out the correct laser settings to not screw up your gun.

FYI you don't have to put it right next to the existing MFR/SN info. As long as it's on the same part, you can put it elsewhere. My ARX-100 is engraved like 12" away from the factory info since its receiver is a single very large piece of plastic.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:08:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had mine done by ident marking in Dallas TX they use laser engraving.  I had them do it right above the factory engraving so it isn't as noticeable.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What stock do you have on your evo?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Curious.. Did you have to send whoe firearm, or did you perform some disassembly prior to sending
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top