Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2015 8:19:04 AM EDT
Im leaning to putting some A2 parts to use with a 10.5 inch barrel. Do you think a fixed standard stock would look too big? What size front sight post would I need as well. My fsp came off an A3 so Im guessing it will need to be changed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:25:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Im leaning to putting some A2 parts to use with a 10.5 inch barrel. Do you think a fixed standard stock would look too big? What size front sight post would I need as well. My fsp came off an A3 so Im guessing it will need to be changed.
View Quote
As far as stock goes it it your preference.. I've seen some 10.5 builds with an A1 stock. They looked like they would be just fine.

As far as your FSB check to see if you have an (F) on it. If not, then this FSB is slightly lower so all you have to do is raise your front sight post up some.

This is not my pic. But it looks like an A2 stock with 11.5 barrel.

Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:29:02 AM EDT
[#2]
This would look cool.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=299
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 10:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I think I would prefer an A1 stock for fixed stock SBR but I say go for it, you can always change it if you don't like it. As for front sight post/base I don't think that'll really matter too much either. I have an F marked FSB on a 10.5" barrel with 1970s A1 upper that works fine.
Link Posted: 4/28/2015 9:09:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's the closest I came to an A2 build.

Link Posted: 4/28/2015 10:12:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask John Ashton about his 3 pounder. I think it may be a rifle though, it's been awhile. See what he did to the stock.  Under 6 crowd.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top