Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2015 8:40:55 PM EDT
Anyone engrave fully assembled lowers in Houston?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:59:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Keith Norman is tops.  Can be done while you wait.  He does all my work.

www.nfainvestments.com
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

www.nfainvestments.com
View Quote

he's in Conroe actually, but I used him last week and would recommend him to others.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:18:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

www.nfainvestments.com
View Quote

Second Keith Norman. Top quality work - looks nearly factory OEM.  Friendly guy who will even show you some of his NFA toys
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 12:03:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, contacted him
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Also Radical Firearms.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 1:09:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Radical is okay, (not great) reasonable and good turn around.  Stay away from Houston Armory.  Just my 2 cents.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Last time I used Keith Norman he used a pantograph machine, which is OK if you want massive letters with poor edge definition and the very real possibility of wonky lettering.

Gerald at Laser Edge engraving (Spring) uses a fiber laser, can go through cerakote with no damage to the coat and it allows for small and detailed lettering. He's the same price as Keith.

He does laser engraving work for a number of .gov agencies too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2015 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Last time I used Keith Norman he used a pantograph machine, which is OK if you want massive letters with poor edge definition and the very real possibility of wonky lettering.

Gerald at Laser Edge engraving (Spring) uses a fiber laser, can go through cerakote with no damage to the coat and it allows for small and detailed lettering. He's the same price as Keith.

He does laser engraving work for a number of .gov agencies too.
View Quote

I've used both Keith at NFA investments and Laser Edge. The laser provides sharper text, but Keith's pantograph machine did a fine job on my lowers. Both places/guys could not have been nicer to deal with. I've got some more engraving to do in the near future and it's a coin flip as to who I'll use.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:29:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Do either of these guys do the engraving on the underside (inside) the mag well?
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:21:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Laser Edge engraving in Spring Texas...

Did an outstanding job! So happy I didn't waste a week by sending out of state.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top