Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 9:26:12 PM EDT
Not my first rodeo with eforms, but I would like to make sure I'm on the right track before submitting the form. I would like to confirm what the exact manufacturer and model of the sig mpx is. I realize this sounds idiot, but in eforms "SIG SAUER INC." as printed on the lower is not a "verified manufacturer" in the eforms system, but instead they list "SIG ARMS (SIG SAUER)", which is not listed on the lower receiver. Also as for model, eforms lists "MPX", but on the lower it says "SIG MPX". Is the model "MPX" or "SIG MPX"? Any clarification would be appreciated.

ETA pictures showing discrepancy between lower engraving and what the verified manufacturer is on eForms…

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Pics of the receiver. Blurr the serial if you're worried. But to be safe,

Personally if I were doing a form 1 one an mpx: SIG SAUER, MPX, CAL. Is how I'd file.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 4:48:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Sig arms
Sig mpx
Cal xx
If it's in the drop down menu, that's how sig registered it with the ATF. Run with it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Waylon can help here.  when i had trouble with one of my sbr, i refiled with pictures of the receiver in question and used EXACTLY what was on the receiver.  When i used what was in the system instead of manually entering i was kicked back.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sig arms
Sig mpx
Cal xx
If it's in the drop down menu, that's how sig registered it with the ATF. Run with it.
View Quote

That is not true. The drop down menus are populated with what people have entered before. Doesn't mean it was correct or approved by any manufacturer. You'll see a fair amount of threads here were people just choose from drop down and still get denied because it doesn't match what is on their lower.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd go with whatever manufacturer label comes up after you click "verify manufacturer".

Agree with WJ above, the drop down for model, etc is not reliable and should be entered exactly as stated on the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'd go with whatever manufacturer label comes up after you click "verify manufacturer".

Agree with WJ above, the drop down for model, etc is not reliable and should be entered exactly as stated on the receiver.
View Quote

I agree, but that's the discrepancy between the verified manufacturer and what's actually engraved on the lower. I uploaded pics to the OP.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:17:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I agree, but that's the discrepancy between the verified manufacturer and what's actually engraved on the lower. I uploaded pics to the OP.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, should have been clearer:

For the manufacturer, I'd use the verified drop down.

For model, I'd type it in exactly as you see it.  

Or send an email to Ted or 'ask the experts' for clarification before hitting submit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
That is not true. The drop down menus are populated with what people have entered before. Doesn't mean it was correct or approved by any manufacturer. You'll see a fair amount of threads here were people just choose from drop down and still get denied because it doesn't match what is on their lower.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sig arms

Sig mpx

Cal xx

This. The drop down menu has burned lots of people.

Link Posted: 4/19/2015 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#9]
So am starting a tust soon for my first efile, have done all my other 11 stamps individual. Could you clarify the drop down menu of model make, there is list of confirmed manuf. vs what other people enter in the system? I want to file my mlx next week once I get my trust.
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 11:26:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So am starting a must soon for my first file, have done all my other 11 stamps individual. Could you clarify the drop down menu of model make, there is list of confirmed manuf. vs what other people enter in the system? I want to file my mlx next week once I get my trust.
View Quote

When you type in the manufacturer name it will automatically populate with verified manufacturer names in eforms. The issue is that "sig arms (sig sauer)" that is verified is not what is engraved on the receiver. You can always type something else in this space and submit the form for them to do "research" to see if the manufacturer/model you chose exists, which I have done previously with earlier approved forms. I just figured that a manufacturer as large as Sig would already been in the system and written as it is on the firearm. For model everything that is in the drop down menu is just stuff that people have previously submitted, regardless if it was right or wrong.

I have a question into the experts over at eForms for clarification. I sent it on Friday night so hopefully ill get a response back on Monday.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 2:17:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Any updates yet?
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any updates yet?
View Quote

Haven't heard back from my Ask The Experts inquiry. I just submitted the form with Sig Arms (Sig Sauer) as the manufacturer and used MPX as the model. We'll see how it goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top