Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2015 2:11:32 PM EDT
Anyone with a trust prefer to paper file because you get an actual stamp?
If you've got other SBRs and you're not chomping at the bit for an approval, why not?

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 2:25:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Anyone with a trust prefer to paper file because you get an actual stamp?

If you've got other SBRs and you're not chomping at the bit for an approval, why not?

Thoughts?
View Quote

I efile all mine but if you want an actual stamp go for it.  They still are coming back in a reasonable time comparatively speaking.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 3:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
This is why you buy silencers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:22:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe you can get replacement paper forms/stamps from the ATF, but I actually like this electronic way better. No need to worry about where my ACTUAL stamped copy is, and I can access it anywhere with Internet access if I want. It is just preference though, and I can sympathize with wanting the actual stamp your hard earned $200 bought you.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes no difference to me. I have at least one of each...paper F1, eForm F1, paper F4 and eForm F4...but I'm not sure that would influence my decision if I wanted to file another. I'd prefer speed over method.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Getting ready to do another Form 1 Trust,  I think I'll file paper..

To be honest, I don't feel like messing with trying to get my Trust scanned into a size/format the site allows and any other BS with the site...  I've done 5 paper with no issues, I think I'll keep doing it this way...
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 12:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I paper filed my first Form 1 since I was waiting on the stamp for my can also.  I'll probably efile any others I do.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Paper filed form 1 sbr in mid/late January.........................still waiting.

NFA said sometime in August.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 3:36:01 AM EDT
[#8]
All of mine are paper.  I'd rather have a tangible stamp. My last form 4 took 2 months 22 days door to door.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 6:28:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm doing it both ways.  If I can e-file I do.  If it's something specific from a company, I go the paper route.  Nothing wrong going either way.  I'm sending form 4s on two suppressors Monday.  Probably won't see them until October or November.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm doing it both ways.  If I can e-file I do.  If it's something specific from a company, I go the paper route.  Nothing wrong going either way.  I'm sending form 4s on two suppressors Monday.  Probably won't see them until October or November.
View Quote

No way. Form 4s are under 100 days
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Since I have to pay $200 I prefer to paper file and get the real stamp. I like having the real deal as opposed to the copy basically. I don't mind waiting the extra time for it either. After getting your first stamp or two the wait gets easier. Also I take my originals and put them in a very safe place with all other trust paperwork in a binder. For the approved forms I like to scan, shrink about 40%, color copy, then laminate, and keep all those on a key ring to carry with all my range stuff. Copies for each bag is good so I never forget them. So I never need the originals and anyone needing to see the forms has something in hand instead of a picture on a phone.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:52:19 AM EDT
[#12]
So far two SBRs and two cans and I paper filed all of them.  I like my tax stamp to be an actual stamp.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:36:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Zero fucks given about an actual stamp.

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:30:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Efile for SBRs. Paper for suppressors.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Efile for SBRs. Paper for suppressors.
View Quote

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top