Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2015 8:51:48 PM EDT
Sorry I searched everywhere but couldn't find this question. I am new to the SBR world. Both my new AR SBR hammers have a thin wear mark on the tip of the heel, almost like if the BCG were polishing / shearing metal off of a thin strip on the edge. This is the case on 2 SBRs after maybe 100 rounds. Note this is after both rifles had probably 1000+ rounds with 16 / 18 inch barrels and no such wear. Is this just normal for SBRs vs longer barrels? Nothing changed other than the upper / barrel, even the BCG is the same. I don't think it's damaging anything but I'm stumped how this just appeared after the change to short barrels.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:00:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I have not had any increased wear on my hammers from any of my SBRs. Got any pics?
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 9:08:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't think I can post pics or links yet.. Maybe but don't want to break coc for new folk. I don't see why I couldn't post a link to another thread here though:
https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=66&t=607241

Take a look at the picture that says "even wear across the top edge"  It's like that but cut even cleaner. Both Geissele hammers too

Edit:
I should note the BCG has normal wear, and the hammer has normal finish wear otherwise.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top