Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2015 11:10:00 PM EDT
So i was on rainierarms.com a few minutes ago browsing through new items, and saw this.
LWRC PDW
Anybody know where i can get a stock setup like this? Im working on a AAC honeybadger clone (eh cloneish) and think that stock setup would make a great addition to my current 7in suppressed 300blk. Any other info on this stock/assembly appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/24/2015 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#1]
https://troyind.com/products/pdw-stock-kit-blk

here ya go

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/stock-parts/buttstocks/ar-15-compact-carbine-stock-prod71258.aspx

here's another option
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 3:18:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the NEA CCS stock which is the same as the one pictures but it uses a special bolt carrier with the buffer weights integrated, if youre looking for comfort this is not the stock for you, if you're looking for super compact but still shootable its awesome, I have it on a 7.5 556, has ran flawless for about 400 RDS now, good quality parts,

I can't remember the name but there is a company that makes a similar set up with a longer tube and uses a standard bcg
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 8:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I can't remember the name but there is a company that makes a similar set up with a longer tube and uses a standard bcg
View Quote

https://mvbindustries.com/product/arc-stock/
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I own the LWRC IC-PDW in OP's link (we have conjugal visits on the weekends), as well as one 14.5" rifle with an pinned/welded brake and the NEA stock. The NEA,, TROY and LWRC (which is not sold separately) all require proprietary bolt carriers. The Troy comes with the whole BCG, the NEA comes only with the Carrier. The MVB, which I do not own, can be run with any standard BCG.  One thing to keep in mind if you install one of these is that the stock legs can strike the controls on ambi lowers and/or interfere with long-throw selector switches, so your best bet is to go with a simple forged lower instead of an ambi or a billet.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 11:34:04 PM EDT
[#5]
OP, have you used one of these before?

I'd recommend you try it before you buy it.  It is one of the coolest looking stocks but the LOP sucks and cheek weld is non-existant.  

It's same issues as a collapsible HK stock.

Great if you have to wear the gun under your coat but not for a range toy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never tried one but I'm highly interested. Problem is i don't know anyone with one or i would. The most exotic firearm anyone around here owns is an sks or ak. Id be ok with the proprietary bcg. Just want the most compact package possible.
Link Posted: 3/26/2015 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Id be ok with the proprietary bcg. Just want the most compact package possible.
View Quote

The troy/nea are ~3/4" shorter than the MVB stock, they're the shortest option, but unless you're going for an  <10" SBR I'd steer clear and perhaps look at the LWRC UCIW which takes 2" off of the rifle and is reasonably priced.

edit missed a length
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top