Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 77
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 9:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well...today was a glorious day.  My 2/3 submission was approved.....and my damn 3/24 Sig MPX submission was also approved.

Both e-file.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 10:29:39 PM EDT
[#2]
^^ gotta love those batch adjustments!!  Hoping for one myself soon ..
Link Posted: 6/12/2016 4:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Man all I can hope for is the same thing, you lucky sob. I hope my next 4 spread out over 3-4 weeks go the same way.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 11:21:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone experienced problems logging into E-forms today?  Every time I attempt to I get a Java error.
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems to be working for me, yesterday and today. But for some reason there isnt any notifications displaying new approvals

Did you try clearing your internet cache?
Link Posted: 6/13/2016 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I posted in the other thread but:

From 1 SBR efiled 2/28

Disapproved 6/2 (was expected- serial # mistake)

Refiled 6/2 and emailed TC

Approved 6/4 (at 11pm on a Saturday )

So 95 days (to disapproval)

I have others filed in the same time frame that are still pending

Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure what's up with batches.
MPX was filed 2/26 denied 6/11. To be expected because I filed the wrong model (MPX-P).
AR lower filed 2/26 still pending...
MPX refiled 5/7 approval email arrived after I sent HT an email regarding the disapproved about an hour ago.

All my 2014 files were approved at the same time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 7:59:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Just sent mine off at 0 30 this morning. Hate waiting and wishing I could go ahead and put it together but need an upper and barrel.
Wish me luck as this is my first SBR.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
130 days.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:41:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
130 days.
View Quote

Crazy...  Some approved at 95 days while you wait at 130 and counting..  I kinda understand the paper forms being out of order, with stacks being divided amoungst multiple examiners, but eforms are all in the system and should be in order of filed???

I'm currently at 119 days on one and 85 on another and I am starting to worry abt getting approved/denied by July 13....  If it drags out beyond that, it's not an easy fix/refile...
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:42:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I think being filed either paper or efile may possibly be irrelevant in terms of time that they are approved. I had my FFL for years, and while dealing with State Police examiners and delayed background checks for firearms, they rarely came back in the order they went out. Some took hours, some took months. After talking with multiple different examiners, they noted that each background check varies on time it takes to complete due to the nature of the beast. For some people, they may have clear background checks, while others may have questionable items, or multiple hardly questionable things that it takes them a while to sort out. Also the Feds probably reach out to local municipalities in which you have lived to get background info from them. Not all municipalities respond in the same expedited manor. Plus, they do the same thorough check each and every time a new form is submitted, no matter how close in time they are submitted to each other even if the applicants information and paperwork hasn't changed a bit.

Just thinking, that might play a roll in why there is such great variance in time it takes to get approved. Not that it makes me any happier or any more patient to contemplate. You would think they would have it down to a science by  now though. I just hope my 2/4/16 (132 days as of today) efile From 1 comes though before stuff changes. I also have two other Form 4s  in the works (check cashed 3/7 & 4/19), but don't expect to see those returned until the end of the year
Link Posted: 6/15/2016 12:26:59 AM EDT
[#12]
124 days.

• 10,713,600 seconds

• 178,560 minutes

• 2976 hours

• 124 days

• 17 weeks and 5 days

• 33.88% of 2016

• Link Posted: 6/15/2016 2:26:31 AM EDT
    [#13]
    Me too at 124 days. I've never seen so little approvals this last month
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 4:15:47 AM EDT
    [#14]
    Quoted:
    I think being filed either paper or efile may possibly be irrelevant in terms of time that they are approved. I had my FFL for years, and while dealing with State Police examiners and delayed background checks for firearms, they rarely came back in the order they went out. Some took hours, some took months. After talking with multiple different examiners, they noted that each background check varies on time it takes to complete due to the nature of the beast. For some people, they may have clear background checks, while others may have questionable items, or multiple hardly questionable things that it takes them a while to sort out. Also the Feds probably reach out to local municipalities in which you have lived to get background info from them. Not all municipalities respond in the same expedited manor. Plus, they do the same thorough check each and every time a new form is submitted, no matter how close in time they are submitted to each other even if the applicants information and paperwork hasn't changed a bit.

Just thinking, that might play a roll in why there is such great variance in time it takes to get approved. Not that it makes me any happier or any more patient to contemplate. You would think they would have it down to a science by  now though. I just hope my 2/4/16 (132 days as of today) efile From 1 comes though before stuff changes. I also have two other Form 4s  in the works (check cashed 3/7 & 4/19), but don't expect to see those returned until the end of the year
    View Quote

Sounds fishy to me
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:06:48 AM EDT
    [#15]
    Today is day 95, AKA the first day it could be approved according to recent approvals. I'm not expecting it until July though.
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 10:48:13 AM EDT
    [#16]
    133 and counting efile.
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 1:25:17 PM EDT
    [#17]
    108 days and counting, eFile
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 7:46:24 PM EDT
    [#18]
    129 days and counting. This is like my 15th eFile so I am confident it was filled out and submitted correctly.
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 8:41:35 PM EDT
    [#19]
    Ok, I'm starting to get a little concerned.

156 Days

Form1 Trust Paper

Mailed 1/12/16
    Cashed 1/20/16
    Nothing since.

I may have to make a phone call tomorrow.
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:06:00 PM EDT
    [#20]
    Still waiting on my 2/7
    Link Posted: 6/15/2016 11:09:42 PM EDT
    [#21]

Quoted:

Ok, I'm starting to get a little concerned.

156 Days

Form1 Trust Paper

Mailed 1/12/16

Cashed 1/20/16

Nothing since.

I may have to make a phone call tomorrow.
    View Quote
    Mine was mailed 12/31.  Received 1/6.   Called Monday (again).  Still "pending."

Link Posted: 6/16/2016 6:03:10 AM EDT
    [#22]
    Am I remembering correctly that they have allocated more resources to push through form 3's? I know my most recent form 3 took 65 days which is impressive considering the volume they're seeing right now.  
    Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:31:27 AM EDT
    [#23]
    LOL,

Submitted 6/14/2016
    Approved   6/15/2016!

From 1
    JP 9mm SBR
    Link Posted: 6/16/2016 11:53:14 AM EDT
    [#24]
    Quoted:
    LOL,

Submitted 6/14/2016
    Approved   6/15/2016!

From 1
    JP 9mm SBR
    View Quote

Ok, I'll bite.. Resubmit, right???
    Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:04:26 PM EDT
    [#25]
    Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:
    LOL,

Submitted 6/14/2016
    Approved   6/15/2016!

From 1
    JP 9mm SBR

Yes,
    In my state there was a legislative fuck up, passed a law to allow them, but did not change the law that said they could not be made in WA.
    So I had one disapproved after 6 month wait.

Resubmitted Tuesday, approved last night
    Link Posted: 6/16/2016 12:58:52 PM EDT
    [#26]
    127 days so far for an Efile F1 suppressor. I've got a feeling that it's going to be awhile before I see my stamp
    Link Posted: 6/16/2016 1:49:49 PM EDT
    [#27]
    Quoted:
    127 days so far for an Efile F1 suppressor. I've got a feeling that it's going to be awhile before I see my stamp
    View Quote

130 on mine as of today.

I'm hopeful, but not holding my breath.
    Link Posted: 6/16/2016 4:21:53 PM EDT
    [#28]
    132 days here
    Link Posted: 6/16/2016 5:14:22 PM EDT
    [#29]
    114 days and counting.
    (efiled SBR form 1)
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 1:29:11 AM EDT
    [#30]
    111 now on my paper form1...... JOY!!!
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:09:13 AM EDT
    [#31]
    78 days on my form 1 and still waiting
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:27:46 AM EDT
    [#32]
    its been 109 days for my SBR Form 1, Im still waiting....
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:31:59 AM EDT
    [#33]
    Quoted:

Sounds fishy to me
    View Quote View All Quotes
    View All Quotes
    Quoted:
    Quoted:

Sounds fishy to me

What part sounds fishy?  That not everybody is easy to do a background check on?  Or that some things in a background check require more investigation than other things?  Or that not every applicant is identical to every other applicant?

Security clearance background checks are like what 762AFT describes, and they can be incredibly slow.  A friend had her clearance take the entire TWO YEARS of her first assignment to come through - and the Air Force was paying her to just show up and wear the uniform right for that whole time, despite having spent tons of money on her training.  Mine took quite a while too, but they were pretty transparent, since they were started when I finished Basic Training.  They weren't done until about a year later.  It's pretty much like the background investigators are doing their jobs...not worrying about who's waiting for it to be done.  

I'm not taking this stuff personally.  I've been in jobs similar to the NFA branch's, where it didn't matter that you didn't have enough staffing, you just had to get the job done.  That doesn't mean I'm patient, not at all!
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:40:59 AM EDT
    [#34]
    Maybe it's because I've already got 2 stamps but damn you guys counting the days are not making it any easier on yourselves. It looks like it's about 4-5 months again, which is what it was when I e filed a year ago. Be patient folks!
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:58:23 AM EDT
    [#35]
    Took me 7 days, resubmitted on the 8th of June.  Initially submitted last year when they disapproved all the Washington people.

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED
    Permit/Control No: 2016270773
    Your Reference No:
    Submission Date: 2016-06-08-04:00
    Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM

Anyone know if they send you a hard copy through the mail or is the PDF all you get?
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:07:03 AM EDT
    [#36]
    Quoted:
    Took me 7 days, resubmitted on the 8th of June.  Initially submitted last year when they disapproved all the Washington people.

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED
    Permit/Control No: 2016270773
    Your Reference No:
    Submission Date: 2016-06-08-04:00
    Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM

Anyone know if they send you a hard copy through the mail or is the PDF all you get?
    View Quote

The PDF is all you get with efile.
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 8:17:28 PM EDT
    [#37]
    I just looked at the date I submitted my Form 1 for a suppressor, and it's been 121 days today.  Sigh.
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 9:57:38 PM EDT
    [#38]
    I haven't seen any approvals posted lately...
    Link Posted: 6/17/2016 10:14:46 PM EDT
    [#39]
    Quoted:
    I haven't seen any approvals posted lately...
    View Quote

I've noticed this also, they have been getting slower over the past 2 weeks. I'm picking up 2 Aero lowers tomorrow to form 1, I'm glad I payed for them earlier this week. Primary Arms shows to be out of stock of the most common lowers, I'd imagine f1 submissions are going to rise extremely with all the news of the Orlando attack. I still need 2 more before 7/13 but Mega lowers are going to be hard to find now I'd imagine. I'll be lucky to get my 4/10 submission back by October the way things are going.
    Link Posted: 6/19/2016 12:42:19 AM EDT
    [#40]
    With the increased work load and wait times, has anyone reported any batch approvals lately?  I have five form 1's pending and would love to see a batch approval.
    Link Posted: 6/19/2016 11:48:22 AM EDT
    [#41]
    Quoted:
    With the increased work load and wait times, has anyone reported any batch approvals lately?  I have five form 1's pending and would love to see a batch approval.
    View Quote

You would think to speed up approvals overall they would do that as a standard. If you submit 5 all 5 should be reviewed and approved same time. Also needs to go to same reviewer. But nooooooo stupid fuckin ATF wants to play hold our nuts.

Also I'm at 113 days.. One form 1 from Feb 27th and filed another on April 4th. I'm hoping for a batch approval too. Esp cuz the 2nd one is the mpx. First one is just a 5.56 sbr 7.5inch nothing special but still my first. Still trying to decide if I want to sbr my shorty 4inch AR9mm glock. But since I'm doing my mpx seems almost pointless. I bought the mpx in between making the ar9. Wish I woulda bought the mpx first!
    Link Posted: 6/19/2016 10:50:05 PM EDT
    [#42]
    121 days right now on a F1 suppressor. At least a half dozen pending after that

ETA: all are paper
    Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:21:55 AM EDT
    [#43]
    Paper filing on 2 lowers this week. Luckily my CLEO is my boss, not sure why I've waited so long....
    Link Posted: 6/20/2016 2:12:17 PM EDT
    [#44]
    I just registered for eForms last week and received a welcome email from the ATF. In the body of the email were current wait times.

Anticipated Processing Times
    Please be aware that the current processing time for Forms is available below, based on the date the form shows submitted in the eForms system.  If you would like to check the status of your submission, please wait until this projected processing time has passed before calling.  Our Customer Service Representatives will not be able to provide any additional information beyond what is already available to you in the eForms system.

Form 1 - 5 Months
    Form 2 - 1 Month
    Form 5 - 1 Month
    Form 6 - 6 Weeks
    Form 9 - 1 Month
    Form 5300.11 - Immediate - Submission approved once in "Submitted" status
    View Quote

In other words....start expecting around a 150 day wait, give or take a week.
    Link Posted: 6/20/2016 3:16:23 PM EDT
    [#45]
    Form 1 sbr individual submitted 2/2/16, approved 6/13/16. Recieved today , ~130days.
    Link Posted: 6/20/2016 4:32:57 PM EDT
    [#46]
    Ugh. So I submitted my first F1 with a trust on the 15th of May and input the wrong model number. My FFL still has my lower since I'm still deployed, but the disapproval notice stated that the common model number was normally AM-15 for an Anderson lower so I resubmitted my F1 with the updated info. Hopefully the month of waiting I lost is worth it!
    Link Posted: 6/20/2016 9:49:03 PM EDT
    [#47]
    eForm1 submitted 3-4 .... nothing but frustration and hope
    Link Posted: 6/21/2016 10:03:38 AM EDT
    [#48]
    Quoted:
    eForm1 submitted 3-4 .... nothing but frustration and hope
    View Quote

Link Posted: 6/21/2016 11:26:27 AM EDT
    [#49]
    Still waiting on a form 4 from 3/1 that they cashed the check in mid April for. Oldest Form 1 was from 4/12 and it's making me nervous because my trust was sent as two word attachments even though they were in the right place and followed size guidelines.

Link Posted: 6/22/2016 3:08:47 AM EDT
    [#50]
    Mailed my Form-1 on 2/20, and received my stamp yesterday (6/20)... four months to the day.

Page / 77
    Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top