Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 11:52:36 PM EDT
Just sent in for my first SBR. Got the "The model or manufacturer you have indicated is either “unknown” or is not listed in the ATF reference tables" message but I emailed asking to send a picture of my lower to the investigator. I for some reason cannot make my trust any smaller in the PDF format. It is 3.9 MB so I used all my 10 spots. Lower is an Anderson AM-15 and was in the drop down which is weird. Although I did have to add the caliber myself because only "30" and "300" showed up.

Here's to hoping this goes by quick and smooth!

Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:18:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Just got an email that I am "Pending Research". Hopefully it'll turn out all right.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:49:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got an email that I am "Pending Research". Hopefully it'll turn out all right.
View Quote

You'll get another email that says Submitted/In Process (which is the equivalent to Pending), most likely within 24 hours.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 9:49:39 AM EDT
[#3]
This is relavant to my intrest new to the process just did two spikes lowers 3/3 ....... was going to do an anderson manufacturing am15  today.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 11:40:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I put it as '5.56' and I also added it as its shown on my receiver which is AM-15, not AM15. I "Asked the Experts" if they wanted a picture but they have not replied yet. Once they do I can send them a pic of the lower with the serial so they see.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:01:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I put it as '5.56' and I also added it as its shown on my receiver which is AM-15, not AM15. I "Asked the Experts" if they wanted a picture but they have not replied yet. Once they do I can send them a pic of the lower with the serial so they see.
View Quote

You could go ahead and upload a pic of you wanted to, even after you submitted.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]
For some reason I cant figure out how to put my trust into a PDF file after having it notarized and scanned. It is too big in one file so i had to upload all 10 pages including the Schedule A so I dont have any other slots left for the pic.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For some reason I cant figure out how to put my trust into a PDF file after having it notarized and scanned. It is too big in one file so i had to upload all 10 pages including the Schedule A so I dont have any other slots left for the pic.
View Quote

Scan at lower resolution as pdf then use pdfMerge free download to combine all the pages into one pdf
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 3:09:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your local office supply store will scan it to a jump drive for you for a couple bucks, and make sure it's <3MB.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:07:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Most copiers have a reduced or condensed scan made for PDF. Make sure to ask staples or whoever you use to scan it to do this for you. It cut the size of my trust file down to about 1/4 its normal size.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I just rescanned it at 75 dpi. Hopefully this will help make the whole thing smaller.

Can I just open a Word document and paste all the scanned JPEG's into one big Word document. Maybe at 75 dpi it'll be under the 3MB limit.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 4:38:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just rescanned it at 75 dpi. Hopefully this will help make the whole thing smaller.

Can I just open a Word document and paste all the scanned JPEG's into one big Word document. Maybe at 75 dpi it'll be under the 3MB limit.
View Quote

I've seen people do it that way. Some even take pics of the pages and post them as .jpg files in a .doc.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 5:12:11 PM EDT
[#12]
my 19 page trust was only 1.01MB @ 200dpi
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#13]
How long is the efile process taking these days? I have a MK18 pistol im thinking about SBRing
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Just merged it. A little fuzzy but readable. I made sure to keep the notarized and witnessed pages 200 dpi.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How long is the efile process taking these days? I have a MK18 pistol im thinking about SBRing
View Quote

They've increased to 45-50 days, based on the most recent approvals.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 7:19:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Well I was actually able to make it work at 100 DPI. Loaded the trust into one PDF then have the Schedule A in its own pdf and also sent in a picture of the lower with serial for good measure. Thanks for the help guys.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I am 19 days in....
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 10:01:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Form1 on a trust, submitted 1/21 and approved today, 3/5.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:03:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm 1/28 and I'm checking my email and ATF site like a crack addict.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 8:51:49 AM EDT
[#20]
My first eform1 filed 1/22/15 approved 2/22/15. Im hoping my other two are just as quick.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

wtf 1/20

and nothing my 1/17 came through last week.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top