Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 8:47:00 PM EDT
Has anyone sbr'ed their kriss vector rifle? I am picking on up cheap that has a bulge in the barrel near the end. I want to cut and re thread but it looks like the extension is pinned on... Is this an extension that could be drilled out instead of cutting?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 11:24:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Tag for details.

Do you think you could order a factory threaded pistol barrel and swap it out?
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 12:03:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can but when I called Kriss they said $600 for the new barrel.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 2:05:56 PM EDT
[#3]
A guy I know had one of the 16" carbines that he wanted to SBR. Kriss told him the barrel was pressed and pinned in the receiver and that they were the only ones who could properly remove and replace it without damaging anything. He didn't believe them and took it to two different local gunsmiths and neither would attempt the barrel removal. He then tried to just get someone to cut and thread it still in the action and nobody would touch it that way either.

He wound up just selling the carbine and buying one of the pistol versions and SBRing that instead. All the pistol version needs is a stock, which you can find third party fairly easily at times.

I myself bought one of the SDP pistols planning to do the same but I didn't like it that much and sold it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:11:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Kriss quoted me $550 to change the barrel but I have a local gunsmith that is going to look at it to see if it will fit in his lathe for threading. They also said I can buy the pistol barrel for $187 I believe but the my smith said he wouldn't want to press it out. I have read other issues about kriss not liking the trust engraving on plastic when you send it back for the pistol barrel replacement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top