Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/1/2015 7:00:29 PM EDT
Finally got around to taking some pics. 8.5" 300 BLK. I also did a form 1 Can at the same time. I will get pics with the can later.

I am also working on a 10.5" 5.56 upper that looks just like this one only with a 10.5" barrel.

The only thing I will probably do is have a gunsmith turn down the barrel. It is a heavy barrel and with the can on it is a little heavier than I would like. Any recommendations on who can flute or turn the barrel down?

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
The only thing I will probably do is have a gunsmith turn down the barrel. It is a heavy barrel and with the can on it is a little heavier than I would like. Any recommendations on who can flute or turn the barrel down?
View Quote

Check with Adco.  They list both under their Shop Services.

adcofirearms.com
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#2]
What brand is the Hand Guard?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Looks like an SLR rifle works solo handguard.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:10:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Details on the silencer?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:37:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Details on the silencer?
View Quote

Custom SS 1.5" OD tube with griffin taper mount adapter. I milled the knurls on the adapter and end cap and modified a buttstock wrench to aid in removal.

The internals are as follows,

2"  ti spacer
VSR baffle
1/2" ti spacer
VSR baffle
9 freeze plugs stacked with the last 2 having shorter side walls making their chambers tighter.

11 total baffles.

All are clipped except for the last FP baffle.

The middle 9 baffles are vented with 2 holes.

Weight is 21.5 ounces. Total length is 7.5".
It is really quite with subs. I am going to shoot soon with a Class 3 dealer who has some silencerco cans and we are going to do a side by side.

I am very pleased with it. I am in the process of building my 10.5" 5.56 upper and will also use this can on that.

Pic of internals above the knives (one of the FP baffles are not in the pic).

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#7]
That is sweet. I cant wait to get my Form 1 in!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top