Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2015 3:35:59 PM EDT
SON OF A! I filed MODST15 as the model. ATF says I need to resubmit with model as ST15.

Back to the back of the line I guess...
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
SON OF A! I filed MODST15 as the model. ATF says I need to resubmit with model as ST15.

View Quote

Doh! (but, ST15 is indeed the model engraved)

The bad news is you have to pay another $200, and the refund of the first $200 will probably take 60+ days.

The good news is if you follow these instructions, you'll probably have approval within 48 hours or so (based on the experience of most people).
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:42:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The bad news is you have to pay another $200, and the refund of the first $200 will probably take 60+ days.

The good news is if you follow these instructions, you'll probably have approval within 48 hours or so (based on the experience of most people).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoa thank you! I will resubmit tonight and email that guy!
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When ever I had an issue with a form 1/3, I just had to make a call, sometimes even fax them the correction, and it was approved a few days later.  I think once, they made me correct caliber, I left a  spot blank once also.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
what was your file date?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 5:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
No corrections on eforms.

Email them and they shall fix quicker than a full resubmit.

Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
what was your file date?
View Quote

11JAN2015
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 7:41:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No corrections on eforms.

Email them and they shall fix quicker than a full resubmit.

View Quote

Email them even though they said this:

PLEASE RESUBMIT WITH CORRECT MODEL NAME ENGRAVED ON LOWER RECEIVER (ST15). REFUND IN PROCESS.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:07:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I had the exact same issue around Christmas. I re-submitted leaving off the MOD, e-mailed Ted Clutter with the two form numbers, and he had the new application approved inside of 24 hrs.

*BTW I just received my $200 refund a few days ago. Took over 2 months.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 10:33:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I had the exact same issue around Christmas. I re-submitted leaving off the MOD, e-mailed Ted Clutter with the two form numbers, and he had the new application approved inside of 24 hrs.

View Quote

If I remember correctly, it was a choice from the drop-down menu. So I wasn't just being stupid.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 11:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
They cashed my check three days after I mailed it. But it takes two months to get a refund.

Imagine that.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 1:31:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If I remember correctly, it was a choice from the drop-down menu. So I wasn't just being stupid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The choices from the drop down are examples of what other people have submitted, not what is correct
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#12]
Do it quick! I had ATF call me to confirm the model number, and they disproved it with a message indicating the correct model nomenclature they wanted. I resubmitted and was approved in five minutes.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 1:33:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will say I have seen some approved form 1s with MOD ST15. Hopefully itll be fixed quickly.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 12:47:08 AM EDT
[#14]
SUCCESS! Got the approval today! Refund be damned...
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/22/2015 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

What exactly did you end up doing?  I filed with MODST15 about a week ago, so I'm expecting a similar outcome
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

What exactly did you end up doing?  I filed with MODST15 about a week ago, so I'm expecting a similar outcome
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He resubmitted with the correct info, paid again, emailed Ted, and now has a approved form...and 60+ days from now he'll get the first $200 back.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 9:05:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

He resubmitted with the correct info, paid again, emailed Ted, and now has a approved form...and 60+ days from now he'll get the first $200 back.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, appreciate the response!
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:46:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Well that sucks ass to know, Mine was submitted on 1/17/15 and I put in just what was stamped on my receiver( not multi cal).  I hope I can resubmit and have it approved like you did. It's not been rejected yet, but I'm sure it will be.

I get what the poster above is saying about the drop down menu, but that's not even remotely clear when filling out the form. Pretty good way to set you up for failure :/

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:34:25 AM EDT
[#21]
I guess mine might will get popped back as well, I put SPIDERTACTICALMODST15
Maybe mine will slide by!
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 8:43:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What I thought.

I don't see any chance that sliding by...

When in doubt about anything, I always try to get a 2nd, 3rd + opinion.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#24]
You would think if they were this anal about model nomenclature, there would be some sort of reference guide or finite drop down list.  What a cluster to make people do it again for semantics like that
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 4:53:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You would think if they were this anal about model nomenclature, there would be some sort of reference guide or finite drop down list.  What a cluster to make people do it again for semantics like that
View Quote

It's real simple. You input exactly what's engraved on the lower, whether you choose it from the dropdown or type it in yourself. That's your reference guide.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:00:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It's real simple. You input exactly what's engraved on the lower, whether you choose it from the dropdown or type it in yourself. That's your reference guide.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think this thread serves as evidence that you do NOT just put in what's engraved on the lower.  Hence, no "MOD"
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I think this thread serves as evidence that you do NOT just put in what's engraved on the lower.  Hence, no "MOD"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MOD is the name/title of the data. It's very clear when you look at the lower.

If it said S/N ABC123, you wouldn't input the S/N.
If it said CAL .223, you wouldn't input the CAL.

It says MOD SL15...so you don't input MOD.  It's simply letting you know what SL15 is.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:53:41 PM EDT
[#28]
On the QC10 lower the last engraving line reads: 'GSF 003xx' and it's not prefaced with S/N:

GSF is the model, but is it also part of the serial number?

Mine was approved one way, and others were disapproved for the same format.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#29]
ive seen reports of a lot of differences still being approved, like model numbers that may contain a hyphen, omit the hyphen and still be approved etc.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 5:50:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Well mine was approved after all. Just got the email today.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 7:31:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

So I guess it depends on examiner then...

Fingers crossed
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top