Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2015 2:31:13 PM EDT
NFA n00b question.

Was thinking of buying a CZ EVO 3 as a pistol and filing a form 1 on it."IF" CZ will sell the stock separately does this need to follow 922r compliance?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the bottom of page 3 of this thread.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I have been told that the 922r applies. However I talked to the reps at CZ at shot on Wednesday and the said they are not and not planning to sell the stocks separately. So only option is to buy a factory sbr if they come available which they are not as the reps told me. The full auto one is only way to get a stock is what in told. So the only option is for cz to change thier mind or wait for 3rd party stock which will probably be out long before cz changes thier mind.

Edit: wow guess I got lied to big time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:55:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been told that the 922r applies. However I talked to the reps at CZ at shot on Wednesday and the said they are not and not planning to sell the stocks separately. So only option is to buy a factory sbr if they come available which they are not as the reps told me. The full auto one is only way to get a stock is what in told. So the only option is for cz to change thier mind or wait for 3rd party stock which will probably be out long before cz changes thier mind.

Edit: wow guess I got lied to big time.
View Quote

They could just paint it in the US  to get around 922r.  

Wiki has this to say about our Military's semi-automatic shotgun, the Benelli M4, and why civillians are BANNED from buying it:

Collapsible buttstock[edit]

The buttstock is collapsible on the M4 Model (designated 11707) but will not collapse on the M1014. This is because the M1014 was manufactured before the U.S. 1994 assault weapon ban expired, whereas the M11707 has been manufactured since the ban expired therefore not subject to the terms under the ban. Collapsing the buttstock shortens the weapon by almost 8 inches, allowing easier storage and transportation; furthermore, it permits better maneuverability around tight corners and over obstacles. The M4 is also available with a fixed stock (pistol grip and semi-pistol grip styles are both available). The M4 is no longer sold today with the skeleton fixed stock (model M11707) to civilians. Benelli only sells the M4 with a fixed pistol grip style tactical stock in the United States. However, the collapsible butt stock can be purchased by civilians in Canada.

But Robar coated some 100% Italian-parts M4s with Robar treatment/paint - whatever you want to call it - and PRESTO!  the "H2O" model is born.  922 does NOT apply suddenly.  

If you Robar a gun subject to 922r, the requiremtn goes away apparently.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:05:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the quick responses.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:28:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Any atf source that states coating  a firearm makes it 922r compliant/exempt?
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:11:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've seen brace adapters for these.  I wonder if u could throw an ar buffer tube on it.  

The new cz evo gives me massive freedom wood.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Any atf source that states coating  a firearm makes it 922r compliant/exempt?
View Quote

Google Benelli H2O and do your own research.  Figure it out on you own.  Step 4: profit.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:54:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've seen brace adapters for these.  I wonder if u could throw an ar buffer tube on it.  
View Quote

It's a buffer tube adapter, not a brace adapter; it's made for buffer tubes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top