Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/21/2015 11:17:05 PM EDT
Well. I was about 75% done building my first AR from a Sig Brace (my timing is great) and this whole thing blew up.

I decided to scrap the brace and go down the SBR path. I got a trust formed up lastnight and I plan on having it notarized tomorrow.... then its off to file a Eform 1.

I'll be lurking and reading, looks like this will be my new hangout!!!

Thanks for all the great info!

10.5 1/7 SBR w/ KAK flash can
12" MI Gen2 SS
Umbrella Corp upper & Lower
PSA prem BCG
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
SBRs are fun.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:10:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't do it!!! Those stamps have a nasty habit of multiplying! Mine started out with just one stamp for an MP5K, and now there's like 11 others in the safe with it...

lol, enjoy the addiction!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]
It is awesome.  My only problem as stated is that now I want to SBR my other lowers.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#4]
dbl
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:00:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Don't do it!!! Those stamps have a nasty habit of multiplying! Mine started out with just one stamp for an MP5K, and now there's like 11 others in the safe with it...

View Quote

I waited years to get into SBRs because of the wait. Then efile happened. I have been doing a stamp a month.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
i went from the brace to sbr, and could not be happier. congrats btw as stated above it is addicting!!!
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
i went from the brace to sbr, and could not be happier. congrats btw as stated above it is addicting!!!
View Quote

I see you have KINK BMX as your user name, Are you familiar with FBM Bike Co?
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I waited years to get into SBRs because of the wait. Then efile happened. I have been doing a stamp a month.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just did my first form 1 already have next months stamp planned
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 10:19:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to go the SBR route. Can y'all (I'm from the south), recommend a good resource to setup a trust?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:04:05 AM EDT
[#10]
You did good going from that brace to a real stock, and yes, those stamps have a way of multiplying. I have four so I decided to make it an even $1,000 in stamps so I filed another Form 1 today for another SBR. Never, ever have multiple uppers for a single lower. Just don't do it, they cause lowers to sprout.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#11]
better buy a binder now, b/c you'll need a spot to store and organize all those stamps.... it's addicting.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 12:17:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This guy ain't fucking kidding. I sent off a check for a 22 suppressor, and I don't even have that stamp yet. Now ATF has $800 of my money and and still not toys..
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:10:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Having a trust is the gateway drug... Trust notorized 12-18, 1st form 1 12/19, 2nd form 1 1/13.... already have a 3rd planned
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:54:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ditto!

And since I needed the trust for the form1, I went to head and bought a suppressor the same week.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 1:56:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm going to go the SBR route. Can y'all (I'm from the south), recommend a good resource to setup a trust?
View Quote

Coyote rifle works
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:20:50 AM EDT
[#16]
E-filed mine Jan 14th.  She's just waiting for the stamp so I can purchase a stock.

20150119_184425~2 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:47:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Coyote rifle works
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coyote rifle works

I just did the Coyote Rifle Works as well.    
Haven't submitted the Form 1 yet, but certainly can't complain about the 24 hour turn around on the trust.     There are enough guys that have gotten their Form 1s approved that i'm pretty comfortable with the CRW Trust.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
E-filed mine Jan 14th.  She's just waiting for the stamp so I can purchase a stock.

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qPZhbq" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7485/16295613556_bf524459d4_z.jpg</a>20150119_184425~2 by emopunker2004, on Flickr
View Quote

Maybe Im just a noob or I was told some bad info...but isn't that a NO NO^^^^^^

ETA:  Just to clarify I may not have a clue what im talking about as Im pretty new to the NFA game but I was under the impression that I could not build an SBR and just take the stock off.  I thought it had to have a pistol tube or no upper until the stamp was received.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

ETA:  Just to clarify I may not have a clue what im talking about as Im pretty new to the NFA game but I was under the impression that I could not build an SBR and just take the stock off.  I thought it had to have a pistol tube or no upper until the stamp was received.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="https://flic.kr/p/qPZhbq" target="_blank">https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7485/16295613556_bf524459d4_z.jpg</a>20150119_184425~2 by emopunker2004, on Flickr

Do some research... thats exactly how mine is sitting right now, stamp should be here any day now filed 12/19 so at 36 days

So long as the stock is not readily accessible... just like if you have an SBR and want to travel across state lines without hassel. throw a 16" upper on and as long as you dont have a SBR upper with you are fine.

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I truly did not know that.  I guess I can go ahead and start building the upper then.  Ive always just SBR'd the lower and then added the upper.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:27:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1 This. I did my first two back in December and I am about to file a third next week...
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I truly did not know that.  I guess I can go ahead and start building the upper then.  Ive always just SBR'd the lower and then added the upper.
View Quote

Most people (myself included) start their SBR builds out as pistol builds so they can enjoy them well they wait, well that and make sure it functions properly
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Do some research... thats exactly how mine is sitting right now, stamp should be here any day now filed 12/19 so at 36 days

So long as the stock is not readily accessible... just like if you have an SBR and want to travel across state lines without hassel. throw a 16" upper on and as long as you dont have a SBR upper with you are fine.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup. and i don't even own a stock right now.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 3:06:05 PM EDT
[#24]
A trust makes stamp collecting highly addictive!!!

I started my trust less than 2 yrs ago ..... 6 suppressors, 2 AR SBR's, a Glock 19 SBR and 2 SBS's pending later I am already thinking up my next project!

Good luck curbing that thirst ....
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A trust makes stamp collecting highly addictive!!!

I started my trust less than 2 yrs ago ..... 6 suppressors, 2 AR SBR's, a Glock 19 SBR and 2 SBS's pending later I am already thinking up my next project!

Good luck curbing that thirst ....
View Quote

ya i got my trust done in november and now have 2 SBR's,another pending and 5 suppressors pending.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Do it!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top