Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/26/2014 9:17:43 PM EDT
Curious if anyone has experience with Radical Firearms and any of their assembled uppers?

They are running a similar deal that DSG is with 10.5" (DSG's is 10") barrel and 10" seekins keymod MCSR rail.  DSG's is $404 shipped with CH/BCG. With coupon code Radical Firearms is $285 shipped w/o a CH or BCG.

My current primary AR is a registered SBR w/11.5" BFH BCM with KMR that I love. Looking for a backup SBR upper and while 11.5" is my first choice, a 10.5" upper with seekins rail at this price seems like a good deal (the best Black Friday deal I can find on the rail alone is $180 shipped). Only hesitation is unknown quality level of assembly by Radical Firearms and quality of barrel.  The only 10.5 barrel they have listed separately on their site is an ER Shaw blank and do not know if this is same barrel used in the upper.

Anyone with experience with Radical Firearms and their assembled uppers, or this upper in particular please chime in.

http://www.radicalfirearms.com/product-p/rfupperv1.mcsr.105m4.htm

Thanks
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know of Radical Firearms quality, but it's worth mentioning that the DSG uppers come with an adjustable gas block which I think is a huge benefit for a 10.5" 5.56 upper.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Curious if anyone has experience with Radical Firearms and any of their assembled uppers?

They are running a similar deal that DSG is with 10.5" (DSG's is 10") barrel and 10" seekins keymod MCSR rail.  DSG's is $404 shipped with CH/BCG. With coupon code Radical Firearms is $285 shipped w/o a CH or BCG.

My current primary AR is a registered SBR w/11.5" BFH BCM with KMR that I love. Looking for a backup SBR upper and while 11.5" is my first choice, a 10.5" upper with seekins rail at this price seems like a good deal (the best Black Friday deal I can find on the rail alone is $180 shipped). Only hesitation is unknown quality level of assembly by Radical Firearms and quality of barrel.  The only 10.5 barrel they have listed separately on their site is an ER Shaw blank and do not know if this is same barrel used in the upper.

Anyone with experience with Radical Firearms and their assembled uppers, or this upper in particular please chime in.

Thanks
View Quote

I'd like to know as well.  The reviews I saw online for their uppers were pretty favorable.  I'm torn between this and the DSG.  I'm wanting to make a 10.5" pistol and it's this or the DSG.  Only difference I saw was the 4150 vs 4140 steel (RF vs DSG) and then the RF is a carbine and the DSG a midlength with adjust.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:43:18 PM EDT
[#3]
That is worth mentioning that the DSG uppers do come with a Seekins adj. gas block.  Main reason I am looking at this one is I already have an extra SLR Sentry 7 and spare BCG and I like the extra .5" over the DSG 10". Just do not know quality of RF's assembly and barrel.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'd like to know as well.  The reviews I saw online for their uppers were pretty favorable.  I'm torn between this and the DSG.  I'm wanting to make a 10.5" pistol and it's this or the DSG.  Only difference I saw was the 4150 vs 4140 steel (RF vs DSG) and then the RF is a carbine and the DSG a midlength with adjust.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

The 10" DSG is carbine gas.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The DSG is 10.5" as well. The rail itself is 10" then there's the threaded portion of the barrel making up the other .5"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top