Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2014 2:01:36 PM EDT
just got my stamp and its time to finish putting this thing together.....

heres what im looking at for the barrel barrel link

heres the hand gauard im looking at hand gaurd

anyone try out one of thee barrels? it has pretty much everything i think im looking for, im not sure about SS vs the standard 4140 cmv or what ever else is used for barrels, and i like the polygonal rifiling and the 1:8 twist, i was stuck between 1:7 and 1:9

as for the hand guard, i already have a fortis on my 16'' paired with some noveske nsr panels and really like it, my only concern is the smaller diameter of the center of the opening of the hand guard as i plan on using a silencerco saker suppressor on it at some point but cant find any pics of the rail on a 7.5'' barrel to see if the suppressor will interfere with the handgaurd

thanks
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:20:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

anyone try out one of thee barrels? it has pretty much everything i think im looking for, im not sure about SS vs the standard 4140 cmv or what ever else is used for barrels, and i like the polygonal rifiling and the 1:8 twist, i was stuck between 1:7 and 1:9

as for the hand guard, i already have a fortis on my 16'' paired with some noveske nsr panels and really like it, my only concern is the smaller diameter of the center of the opening of the hand guard as i plan on using a silencerco saker suppressor on it at some point but cant find any pics of the rail on a 7.5'' barrel to see if the suppressor will interfere with the handgaurd

thanks
View Quote

Might want to double check that the suppressor is designed for a 7" barrel, most say nothing below 10.5"
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Might want to double check that the suppressor is designed for a 7" barrel, most say nothing below 10.5"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

thanks

I already contacted silencer co, their saker/saker k and specwar in 556 or 762 are rated down to 7"
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
...as i plan on using a silencerco saker suppressor on it at some point...

No worries. Saker 556, Saker K 556 and Saker 762 all rated down to 7" barrels for 5.56 builds. Specwar 762 is as well, but the Specwar 556 and Specwar K 556 are limited to 10".
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
A 7.5" barrel will normally leave the threads of the barrel under the handguard of a 7" rail.  Here is my 7.5" 7.62x39 with just the front of the brake sticking out.

Link Posted: 11/20/2014 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#5]
19.2 oz seems pretty heavy for a barrel that short. I have been drinking though...

ETA: Correct barrel weight...
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 9:52:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A 7.5" barrel will normally leave the threads of the barrel under the handguard of a 7" rail.  Here is my 7.5" 7.62x39 with just the front of the brake sticking out.
http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx39/jaqufrost/IMAG0577_zps62efccac.jpg

View Quote

hmmm might need to find a different hand guard then, as the fortis is 1.34'' inside diameter and the saker is 1.5 od,not good

i really like haveing a full top and bottom rail without it being a full quad rail, i plan on using a stuby vertical grip but dont want to have to bolt or key mod on a small piece of wail on the bottom for just that
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:03:22 PM EDT
[#7]
If you need silencer to go under rail I've only seen two. Odin Works and Seekins, if there are more id love to know since I'm building a 12.5" and most rails are 12.5" long so will need a ID of 1.5" or more.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If you need silencer to go under rail I've only seen two. Odin Works and Seekins, if there are more id love to know since I'm building a 12.5" and most rails are 12.5" long so will need a ID of 1.5" or more.
View Quote

Several of the YHM lines (diamond, lightweight, smooth freefloat, Todd Jarrett, maybe others?) handle 1.5" cans just fine.

My YHM LT tucks just inside the YHM lightweight rail on my 6.8 SBR:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top