Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 9:23:22 AM EDT
So I see you can do the Eform but my question is can I do the eform using my trust? I assume I would need to send a digital copy in with it, is this correct?
and I have 2 pistols with different length barrels that I want to use can you put them all in the box or pick one type of thing? Is there anything im missing?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Upload electronic copy of trust.

You have to pick one of your uppers, submit that caliber/barrel length/OAL. Then you can use whenever one you want after you initially build it to those specs.

And if you haven't seen it, the Visual Guide should answer most of the EForms questions.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:35:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You have to pick one of your uppers, submit that caliber/barrel length/OAL. Then you can use whenever one you want after you initially build it to those specs.
View Quote

is it really that easy??? pick one and go with it!!  I did read I can engrave my info on the barrel now too so this would help a bit as I could engrave all the uppers....

my brain hurts doing all of this
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:36:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And if you haven't seen it, the Visual Guide should answer most of the EForms questions.
View Quote

the eform guide is what made me ask the silly questions....its early and only had 3 cups of coffee so far!
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:50:41 AM EDT
[#4]
The Form 1 is for building one specific rifle.  After it's built it can change, but your application is to build it as the form is filled out.  Pick the upper with the caliber and barrel length you want to use for the form.  When the form is approved assemble the rifle with that upper, after it's assembled you can swap the other upper on anytime you want.

Make sure you put the total length of the firearm with the stock extended, so you will need to know what stock you are using and measure with it extended.

I would recommend scanning a pdf copy of your trust, make sure it is legible, but it's easiest if you keep it under 3 mb.  Mine came in under 1mb.

When filling out the form use the model and serial that is on your rifle, if someone has entered a similar model, don't automatically use what is available - if it doesn't exactly match what your receiver has printed on it then don't use it.  You can attach a picture of your lower that shows the correct original manufacturers markings if you want.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:35:12 AM EDT
[#5]
If you engrave the upper, you have to engrave every upper you want to use.  It's much easier to just engrave the lower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:47:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If you engrave the upper, you have to engrave every upper you want to use.  It's much easier to just engrave the lower.
View Quote

I have an engraver at work and plan on 2 uppers.....would it not be better to do the barrel so I am not stuck with just one lower I can use?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#7]
You can only use the registered lower as an SBR. The lower is the firearm, you can swap different uppers onto the registered lower, but the lower is the SBR.

You can just engrave the lower and then you don't need to engrave the uppers. The caliber engraved in the lower should be the caliber you put down on the form 1 and the way you first assemble the SBR.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You can only use the registered lower as an SBR. The lower is the firearm, you can swap different uppers onto the registered lower, but the lower is the SBR.

You can just engrave the lower and then you don't need to engrave the uppers. The caliber engraved in the lower should be the caliber you put down on the form 1 and the way you first assemble the SBR.
View Quote

oh ok....I guess I was looking for a way to not mark a lower.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Iirc you can mark the barrels/uppers, but you will need to mark both of them along with any future uppers you want to use.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Iirc you can mark the barrels/uppers, but you will need to mark both of them along with any future uppers you want to use.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Correct. It must be marked when in SBR configuration. So, if you don't mark the lower, every upper/barrel you use would have to be marked.
Quoted:
oh ok....I guess I was looking for a way to not mark a lower.

Just mark the lower and be done with it. You can do something discrete like around the trigger hole or on the front of the magwell. Or, do like most if us, and just mark it on the right side over the trigger pins, or on the side of the magwell. There's no real market for used lowers, so don't avoid engraving it just because you think it would be harder to sell down the road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top