Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2014 3:36:26 PM EDT
What are you guys doing for your sight in distance? For those of you running subs and supers what are you sighting in for? I I was thing about running a T1 and sighting in subs and then use the irons for the supers? What are your thoughts on setting it up that way. How far off will I be if I sight in the T1 at 100yds and switch between subs/supers?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I was 10-12" high at 100yds with 110gr supersonic vs. 187gr subsonics.  

I just put a 2.5-10X Vortex PST on my 300BLK upper, and plan to sight it in for subsonics, but keep a come-up chart for supers.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using an Aimpoint COMP M2 4MOA.  Sighting at 50yds with supers.  I figure with subs I'm typically going to be inside of that rage and thus still within "Point Blank" trajectory.  Honestly I'm not doing much "plinking" or target shooting with subs, and so don't want to mess with 2 different sighting systems or zeros.

I have experimented to see where the approximate cross over trajectory is for the same point of aim for subs / super based on different zeros just to have for reference.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 4:32:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I use an Eotech XPS-2, and here's how I sight it in.
It's been fairly close between Barnes supers and Gemtech and Rem subs at these ranges.

Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#4]
But what if you're running a T1 and want to switch back and forth between subs/supers? Are you guys just figuring out your holdovers at various distances?
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
But what if you're running a T1 and want to switch back and forth between subs/supers? Are you guys just figuring out your holdovers at various distances?
View Quote

I don't plan to shoot much in the way of supersonics through my 300BLK.  That is what 5.56 is for.  This is my super-quiet-critter-gitter rifle.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]
With a T1 you are going to need to zero it with one and then zero the other and keep track of how many clicks it takes to switch between them.  Or use something with a reticle for both, I have an ACOG with both that works pretty well.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 6:05:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
With a T1 you are going to need to zero it with one and then zero the other and keep track of how many clicks it takes to switch between them.  Or use something with a reticle for both, I have an ACOG with both that works pretty well.
View Quote

This,  but I went with a SWFA 1-6X. It allows me to dial dope and not have to worry about counting clicks... our use the mil reticle for hold overs.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 8:19:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I use an Aimpoint Comp M4 (2 MOA reticle) on my 10.5" SBR and zero at 75 yards.  I don't shoot past 100 yards with that gun.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 11:00:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I keep this photo handy because it is helpful to me, perhaps helpful to you but you need to do your own drop data, imo
I want to do this and stretch it out to 200 yards because I rarely shoot further than that

Link Posted: 11/21/2014 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you that pic is very helpful.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#11]
I found in my 8.2" barrel going from supers (125gr SMK or SST handloads) to subs I need to come up 6MOA and right 2MOA.  Now idea why it has a horizontal shift but it has been repeatable.  With a T1 you'd just need to figure out where yours is and write down the adjustment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top