BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should I get a JP silent captured buffer spring to go with this if I plan on shooting suppressed subsonics?
View Quote

I have one on my 300 blk sbr and I love it.  I was skeptical about it at first, but figured what the hell, give it a try and sell it if I didn't like it.  The sound reduction on its own is good enough reason to get it, but it also smoothed out the cycling so much that the gun barely kicks at all.  Even without the can and using a flash hider, the gun barely moves at all. I loved it so much that I bought several more for my other ARs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 12:19:42 PM EDT
[#2]

The kac urx4 definitely clears the 9inch aac barrel with a 51t and 762sdn6
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#4]
http://shop.fortresstactical.com/9in-AAC-300-Blackout-Upper-p/100884.htm
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 10:07:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine today, it has the pin on gas tube with coiled roll pin as well.  The index pin went in very easy for me with a hammer.  I still can't believe how cheap this whole deal is. This along with the blow out price on the TiRant 9 suppressor, I wonder if AAC is trying to get rid of a lot of inventory before relocating.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:00:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is your gas block pinned?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have no idea, bought the upper used. Said it was a factory 300blk 9 inch upper and all he did was upgrade the rail and changed flash hider to a brake.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:54:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
EDIT: I'm giving Radical a chance to make it right....
View Quote

I'd be interested to hear the results of your efforts. I kinda want to do my toe into the 300 as a caliber with an inexpensive upper. I can always get a blinged out one later...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 12:19:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I'd be interested to hear the results of your efforts. I kinda want to do my toe into the 300 as a caliber with an inexpensive upper. I can always get a blinged out one later...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/92693/adv_armament_102129_blackout_300aac_125/_4150_steel_threade

dive on in. I heard they will take 650 with the "make offer".   If you think about it, it's not far off from radical. 300 for the radical upper, 150 for a good BCG, 40 bucks for a BCM charging handle, and 100-150 for a 51t.  You aren't far off from getting a AAC upper that's COMPLETE.  I always say, buy once, cry once. I didn't do that this time, and wasted a few hundred bucks. Oh well, lesson learned.  I just wanted to test the waters on 300blk, come to find out, I like the round, and versatility with ammo selection from 110 gr to 220 gr.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:18:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/92693/adv_armament_102129_blackout_300aac_125/_4150_steel_threade

dive on in. I heard they will take 650 with the "make offer".   If you think about it, it's not far off from radical. 300 for the radical upper, 150 for a good BCG, 40 bucks for a BCM charging handle, and 100-150 for a 51t.  You aren't far off from getting a AAC upper that's COMPLETE.  I always say, buy once, cry once. I didn't do that this time, and wasted a few hundred bucks. Oh well, lesson learned.  I just wanted to test the waters on 300blk, come to find out, I like the round, and versatility with ammo selection from 110 gr to 220 gr.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats a good price..
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
not a bad price, but that bbl is waaaay to long. I'm looking for 8.5"...
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

yea, that's the same reason i passed on it. I'm happy with my 9inch AAC.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know you are looking at 8.5 inch, but DSG just sent an email, they are having a black friday deal, 10 inch COMPLETE upper for 399. Radical doesn't have BCG and Handle.  Also is going to have a seekins rail.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I know you are looking at 8.5 inch, but DSG just sent an email, they are having a black friday deal, 10 inch COMPLETE upper for 399. Radical doesn't have BCG and Handle.  Also is going to have a seekins rail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Adjustable gas block too. I'm in.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:47:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm real tempted to buy a 16 inch version for when I go out of town and can't bring my SBR's with me..
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm real tempted to buy a 16 inch version for when I go out of town and can't bring my SBR's with me..
View Quote

When I want to take a SBR out of state I just swap the stock and buffer tube out for a Sig brace and KAK tube.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

When I want to take a SBR out of state I just swap the stock and buffer tube out for a Sig brace and KAK tube.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once it's a sbr, it is an sbr, regardless of configuration. Now if you have a separate pistol lower than it makes since. I have an extra pistol lower just for that.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:18:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Once it's a sbr, it is an sbr, regardless of configuration. Now if you have a separate pistol lower than it makes since. I have an extra pistol lower just for that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That isn't true. It is only title 2 if configured as a title 2 firearm. Once reconfigured as a title 1 firearm it is not governed by the NFA.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 12:18:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

That isn't true. It is only title 2 if configured as a title 2 firearm. Once reconfigured as a title 1 firearm it is not governed by the NFA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's not entirely true. When you filled out your form 1, you filled out an application to manufacture a firearm. Of which you manufactured a SHORT BARREL RIFLE.  It is classified as an entirely new weapon, and if the BATFE had to search the serial, it would come up as a SBR.  If you were to take off the stock, what you have done is exactly that, you took the stock off your RIFLE, it is just a disassembled rifle.  It is still a SBR, since it is registered as such.  With lowers being so cheap, I Think it would be wiser to just keep an extra pistol lower.  B/c if anything where to happen, and they had to take your gun away, on the check it'll come up as an SBR, of which you didn't fill out the form 5320 on.  You may get away with it, but when laws can be misconstrued, I'd personally would want to take the safer, more legal route.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:01:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Q: If I remove the short barrel from the registered SBR or SBS, is the receiver still subject to NFA transfer and possession regulations?
If the possessor retains control over the barrel or other parts required to assemble the SBR or SBS, the firearm would still be subject to NFA transfer and possession regulations. ATF recommends contacting State law enforcement officials to ensure compliance with state and local law.

Q: Does the installation of a barrel over 16 inches in length (SBR) or 18 inches in length (SBS) remove the firearm from the purview of the NFA? If so, is this considered a permanent change?
Installation of a barrel greater than 16 inches in length (SBR) or 18 inches in length (SBS) will remove the firearm from the purview of the NFA provided the registrant does not maintain control over the parts necessary to reconfigure the firearm as a SBR or SBS.

The part in red is the big deciding factor. If you do not have the stock available to you, and it is replaced with a buffer tube that doesn't take a stock, then the owner does not possessor maintain control over the parts to assemble it into the NFA firearm. The second one shows again, that if not in a NFA configuration it is not under the purview of the NFA.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:18:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Q: If I remove the short barrel from the registered SBR or SBS, is the receiver still subject to NFA transfer and possession regulations?
If the possessor retains control over the barrel or other parts required to assemble the SBR or SBS, the firearm would still be subject to NFA transfer and possession regulations. ATF recommends contacting State law enforcement officials to ensure compliance with state and local law.

Q: Does the installation of a barrel over 16 inches in length (SBR) or 18 inches in length (SBS) remove the firearm from the purview of the NFA? If so, is this considered a permanent change?
Installation of a barrel greater than 16 inches in length (SBR) or 18 inches in length (SBS) will remove the firearm from the purview of the NFA provided the registrant does not maintain control over the parts necessary to reconfigure the firearm as a SBR or SBS.

The part in red is the big deciding factor. If you do not have the stock available to you, and it is replaced with a buffer tube that doesn't take a stock, then the owner does not possessor maintain control over the parts to assemble it into the NFA firearm. The second one shows again, that if not in a NFA configuration it is not under the purview of the NFA.
View Quote

Funny thing about laws, theres a lot of grey areas, and it's interpretation. BC when I read that line, it says ITS STILL SUBJECT TO NFA TRANSFER, regardless of if you left the parts at home. Those parts sitting at your house are still yours.    Also the 2nd question says, SO LONG AS YOU NO LONGER HAVE THE PARTS TO CONVERT IT BACK.  

Personally, it's cheap insurance to have a dedicated pistol lower.  Rather that, then spend money in legal fees to fight your interpretation of the law. And possible jail time.
Link Posted: 11/24/2014 1:32:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Awesome deal at dsg, no doubt... but to long and I don't like keymod stuff...
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:30:36 PM EDT
[#22]
for you guys that are still looking for an 8" rail, I got this one.

ALG
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 9:20:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK, New guy from Radical contacted me, Apparently they now have a customer service rep now, and He took over my case. I like him, and he's doing everything he can to rectify the issue.  Apparently I'm not the only one that this happened to. And they narrowed it down to 1 builder.  He wasn't using loctiite on the uppers hence my gas block came loose and my barrel rotated.  Even though I took my upper apart, he was nice enough to let this slide and fix it for me. So I shipped off the upper today. He said he will personally make sure a new upper will be sent out, and the turn around shouldn't be longer than a few days.  So I'll chime back in when that happens. I'm glad after a few weeks they stepped up and decided to fix the issue.  I was prepared to write it off as a lesson learned....  So I'll let you know when it comes back, I'll shoot it, the AAC 9 inch and DSG 10 inch all in the same day and let yall know how they compare.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 4:01:31 AM EDT
[#24]
awesome, thanks for posting the update, I appreciate it! As you noted though, the proof is in the pudding. Hopefully you get a good functional upper in the mail soon!
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
awesome, thanks for posting the update, I appreciate it! As you noted though, the proof is in the pudding. Hopefully you get a good functional upper in the mail soon!
View Quote

Hope I get two functional uppers soon! I ordered that Black Friday dsg deal since I figured my radical was going to be sold for parts. Now they are fixing the radical, I don't have enough lowers! I like how it's 8.5 inches, but my aac is 9 inches so really no need for it. I have 3 10.5 inch sbr's so the dsg will make 4. I hope I don't mix any of them up at the range.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 6:41:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just a little FYI, you can temp configure a SBR as a title1 rifle, however you can't configure it as a title1 pistol. As a pistol it would still be a title2 SBR. The best solution is to use a title1 pistol lower for the short upper
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Just a little FYI, you can temp configure a SBR as a title1 rifle, however you can't configure it as a title1 pistol. As a pistol it would still be a title2 SBR. The best solution is to use a title1 pistol lower for the short upper
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't swap uppers and lowers, so if I were to get a 16 inch, it would be a dedicated rifle. But yes I agree, you can't make a registered sbr, a pistol, without contacting the ATF and u registering it. Which would require another tax stamp approval to reinstate it.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 12:10:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep, I felt the same. I built one at AeroPrecision for about $500
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 6:42:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Great thread!  Natchez has AAC 9" 300blkout barrel kit in stock for $225.  Mine can out to be $242 shipped.

Anyone bought the 8" ALG keymod rail?
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Great thread!  Natchez has AAC 9" 300blkout barrel kit in stock for $225.  Mine can out to be $242 shipped.

Anyone bought the 8" ALG keymod rail?
View Quote

Yep. I ordered the alg on black Friday. So hopefully I'll see it before too long
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:15:05 PM EDT
[#31]
The 9" barrel is back in stock at $225 plus shipping in case someone missed out.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=TVBAR09103&src=bckrdAlrt
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:18:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
The 9" barrel is back in stock at $225 plus shipping in case someone missed out.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=TVBAR09103&src=bckrdAlrt
View Quote

Awe. Theres doesn't come with the 51t like the others did. Glad I got in on the first batch.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:46:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Thought it a little vague myself.  

Ad title does say "assembly with 51" but doesn't clearly re-state the FH inclusion when listing the other included items.

Happy with what I picked up too.  Hope that ALG worked out (makes for a really reasonably priced upper).
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:16:31 PM EDT
[#34]
It made for a cute little budget gun.
$85 for rail
$240 for barrel gas block and gas tube
$48 for lower
$35 for upper
$20 for LPK minus trigger and grip
$175 for SDC
$16 for MOE+ grip
$40 for specwar brake
$25 for BCM blem charging handle
$55 on EE for stock and buffer assembly
$90 for PSA premium BCG
$200 for SBR stamp
$0 for BAD lever (won it as a door prize)
$1029 including tax stamp and geissele. I have a primary arms micro on the way and it will be good to go.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#35]
First rate barrel, FCG and I'm a fan of PSA's premium BCG.  

Save everywhere else.  That's the recipe, great budget build.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:45:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I couldn't help myself, I picked up another set from Natchez, this deal is so damn cheap.  I'm gonna give one of them to my brother for Christmas and I'm thinking hard about sending this one to Liberty and having them turn it into a Leonidas upper.

Edit: I'm betting it does come with the flash hider, it says it does in the title.  I'm pretty sure these are being sold and distributed as a complete package by AAC, so Natchez would probably have to remove the flash hider from the package to sell it without it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 3:35:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I couldn't help myself, I picked up another set from Natchez, this deal is so damn cheap.  I'm gonna give one of them to my brother for Christmas and I'm thinking hard about sending this one to Liberty and having them turn it into a Leonidas upper.

Edit: I'm betting it does come with the flash hider, it says it does in the title.  I'm pretty sure these are being sold and distributed as a complete package by AAC, so Natchez would probably have to remove the flash hider from the package to sell it without it.
View Quote

I thought it was a good deal also so I ordered one too. This will be my first 300.blk I have SBR in 5.56 & 6.8. Got the confirmation from Natchez then it showed OOS so I must have got the last one on this go round

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top